CB Antenna Mount..... How did you do yours

kevster555

I'm after a bit of help here.

I have a crappy mag mount that I use when laning but with a small base, it dosent stay on long especially under tree. Last time out I stuck it to the rear bumper (its a fook of scrapion one) which worked ok but to be honest, its a bit pants......

I had thought of a gutter mount but my mate never had much success.....

Also thought of a fook of mag mount..... but not so convinced on sticking it on the roof.

Also had thought of something like one of these mounted on the rear door and cabled in..... not sure if the rear door is a good enough ground plane.....

Last idea was to use one of these and see if thats a gooer.

So I thought I'd ask as cant seem to find anything using the search.

How have you fitted yours ? What type and wheres the best place to get them from ?

Thanks for any replys !!!

kevster555

http://blackcountrylaners.co.uk

My gutter mount one got knocked too many time, so i did something very similar to your las link - ie mounted the ariel on the spare wheel carrier

gallery_92_191_33297.jpg

It is just a bit of stainless, bent at 90 degrees and bolted to the spare wheel carrier with the connections from the knackered gutter mount. Works well, and keeps the ariel pretty much out of harms way.

hth

Mark