Another EAS problem

Les Henson

2.5DSE this time.

The suspension inflates and works fine sometimes and then on an odd occasion it deflates itself right onto the bump stops overnight/empties the reciever. I checked the main valve and it had splits in it, but not right through. I replaced it anyway to avoid the inevitable, but this has made no difference. Is there a specific part of the system that would cause this intermittent fault?

Thanks.

Les.

2.5DSE this time.

The suspension inflates and works fine sometimes and then on an odd occasion it deflates itself right onto the bump stops overnight/empties the reciever. I checked the main valve and it had splits in it, but not right through. I replaced it anyway to avoid the inevitable, but this has made no difference. Is there a specific part of the system that would cause this intermittent fault?

Yep - parking it on uneven ground, if it does the same as the classic version (which I think it does, but I'm not sure) :lol:

For a set time period after it's parked the vehicle tries to level itself by lowering each corner in turn. It never quite stops bang on level so it drops another corner and so on until it's on the stops. A spectactularly dump bit of functionality which I can only assume was done so the truck didn't look daft parked a bit squiffy...

If you park an EAS truck (classic, at least) over any rocks, tree stumps, etc. either leave it running, wedge a door open or disable the EAS!