300 TDi EDC~ How do I get it to go quicker?

Muddylandy

Any suggestion would be greatly received, mine is a auto with 235/65 16 tyres. It struggles to pull more than 80.

I would like to also upgrade to a set of mach 5 rims and tyres,what is the biggest m/t I can put on a 5 door with a 2" lift.

Is it better to go for 15 or 16" rims etc etc etc................

Cheers Muddy

Do you mean 235/85/16 tyres rather than 235/65/16. because if you have 235/85/16 then your speed will be 10% out ie at 60mph indicated you will be doing about 66mph road speed. (that's assuming you haven't changed your speedo drive cog.

You can remove the cat and blank off the EGR if that hasn't already been done, Then larger intercooler and a chip are about your only other options.

Pete.

I got an Allisport chip for my 300tdi auto EDC.

It goes very well now...

I had a chip from allisport and it was made by tunit and it was okay but not worth the money ie i swas pretty dissapointed.

Got it chipped and intercooled by jjfearn and it flew gave a few d2 a run for their money.

Much like my current d2 gives d3 a run for their money well actually is doesnt it wins!

Lynall

I had a chip from allisport and it was made by tunit and it was okay but not worth the money ie i swas pretty dissapointed.

Got it chipped and intercooled by jjfearn and it flew gave a few d2 a run for their money.

Much like my current d2 gives d3 a run for their money well actually is doesnt it wins!

Lynall

I did not put the plug&play chip but the proper re-chipping in the ECU with new mapping. it goes well.

That's why I went back for my D2... (now 196bhp and 400Nm)

I guess all engine are different so the chipping will be more or less effective.