07 Defender 'Odd noise'!!??

hoggydo

Hi Guys,

Just picked up my first Land Rover last Thursday, an 07 90 CSW. Thing is i've started to notice this odd noise when lifting off the accelerator at about 30mph plus and more noticably when going down hill. It can only be described as a hollow metal vibration/groaning noise and it sounds as though it's coming from in front of the passenger footwell or at least somewhere in this vicinity. As what I know about LR mechanics is virtually non existent do any of you have any ideas before I go back to the dealer??

Thanks.

Hi Hoggydo,

Try next, might be helps.

1. Lift body (unload front springs) and use rubber hummer than. Possibly springs not in spot or loosen bolts somewhere.

2. Wheel bearings. Lift front wheel(s) off the ground and spin by hands, must be nice and smooth rotation. To compare you can do the same with other wheels.

Mate of mine had the similar thing you described, ended up changing front left hub&bearings.

Cheers,

Ruslan

Hi Guys,

Just picked up my first Land Rover last Thursday, an 07 90 CSW. Thing is i've started to notice this odd noise when lifting off the accelerator at about 30mph plus and more noticably when going down hill. It can only be described as a hollow metal vibration/groaning noise and it sounds as though it's coming from in front of the passenger footwell or at least somewhere in this vicinity. As what I know about LR mechanics is virtually non existent do any of you have any ideas before I go back to the dealer??

Thanks.

Hi,

On my 07MY defender, I also have a strange noise that can be heard between 1800-2000rpm. This noise is located on passager side and comes from engine air intake. Mine is a left hand drive (French), so the air intake is located on right front wing.

This is made of "plastic" and creates some strange noise, but this seems not to be a problem. It's just not very nice !

Regards

Eric

Hi,

On my 07MY defender, I also have a strange noise that can be heard between 1800-2000rpm. This noise is located on passager side and comes from engine air intake. Mine is a left hand drive (French), so the air intake is located on right front wing.

This is made of "plastic" and creates some strange noise, but this seems not to be a problem. It's just not very nice !

Regards

Eric

They do seem to have a throaty and fairly deep induction noise.

They do seem to have a throaty and fairly deep induction noise.

My 07 spec did/does the same, (search previous posts) have driven a couple of others, and they have the same induction noise from the wind side air intake, Now do not notice so much,