couple of RR questions....

fisha

question a)

what is the rear floor of the RRC made of ? alu or steel? ( it was dark so i couldn't see )

question B)

has anyone replaced the rear floor with anything other than another LR style rear floor?

I.e. would it be worth whacking a large sheet of chequer plate in as the floor as opposed to the current existing one which has lots of holes in it from various drillings by previous owners and is showing serious signs of age.

i would of course be putting some sort of strengtheners underneath similar to the existing ones.

Hi Don,

The early ones up to 1991 had a removeable alloy panel. Later ones had a welded in steel floor. With suitable strengtheners a piece of chequerplate would be fine, but you'd probably need more cross braces than the ribbed floor as the ribs give the floor some of its strength. I think I've got a decent ribbed alloy floor panel if you want one.

Andy

www.landroverheaven.com