V8 fuel pump

gavo

Went up to the exeter pay and play day sunday run it on petrol most of the day as i seem to get more torque than with lpg anyway it died after a few hours so checked it out today and the fuel pump keeps blowing fuses but i cant find the pump can anyone tell me where it is spose to be so i know where to start as the petrol tank has been moved next to the RHR wheel arch and the origanal space filled with twin lpg tanks aswell as twin under sill tanks but have looked all under and cannot find a pump anywhere.

sorry missed a few words out it been a long day

Assuming EFi it's usually in the petrol tank, through the hole in the top. They're £££ new, try Martin Toole 07885 025872 he will probably have one.

Oh and you're sure it's not a short circuit or other problem blowing the fuse? For info the pumps don't like being run dry.

sounds like my mates issue.

the pump is on top of the tank. and if the top of the pump is about 2and half or 3inch in dia, with about 5 fixing holes, the pump is off a range rover but also used in rover 820.

the pmp failed and shorted and blew the fuse.

Also is there anyway i can put a manual kill switch on the fuel pump so i can turn it on and off when i run petrol as i had noticed when i run lpg the fuel pump still runs but not pumping fuel so it must just be keep the system under pressure.

• 3 weeks later...

The pump runs to keep the injectors cool by circulating cold fuel, without this the injectors would be toast in a very short time period. ............................ yes you can fit a kill switch, I fitted one on my EFI 90 just to make it more difficult to steal .......

The torque on LPG will be down to that of gasoline...... but if the timing is not significantly advanced for LPG then it will make it a lot, lot worse.

What colour is your Disco Gavo ............... I have probably seen it about ...........

:)

Ian