OT: Outlook help

JST

The folder won't exist in its own right, outlook stores all its data in the file 'outlook.pst' unless you've set it otherwise. You can export/import certain folders to a seperate *.pst folder using the built in function in outlook.

the file will be in "C:\Documents and Settings\**username***\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook"

use windows search for to search for all files and folders on all drives for a *.pst files

they are usually found in C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook ; you may need to enable "show hidden files" for the folder in order to see the pst files.

you will probably find an outlook.pst and an archive.pst ; it's the former and not the latter you are looking for

shoudl you have more than one .pst file then check the file properties for date and time stamps to see which were most recently used. if you have more than one then it is easy to get outlook to open both files but it's a bit long winded to type out.

oops- too slow

you can copy the .pst files to any location you want as a backup

You might be able to just drag the emails from your inbox to any folder you want on your desktop and it saves it as a msg file. Well it used to anyway. Done that many times.

Just found OUTLOOK.PST where you said it shopuld be, but it was last modified a year ago, it's only 112KB long and the only PST file on my computer.

I've got 7000 deleted items in Outlook so the numbers don't make sense to me.

Just had another look, my emails are stored in D:/DATA/OUTLOOK as a series of DBX files

I know its OT yet again but i dont frequent the PC forums and this would be like asking if you put diesel or petrol in a tdi fuel tank...

anyway

OE6 keeps in stopping attachments making it through to my Inobx. Word docs come through and thats about it, no .zips or pdfs so how do i change it to allow the other files to come through?