Straight Forward Supps

Warthog

That's normal practice for them Mark, if you want any kind of a responce email is the best option, even then don't hold your breath.

Bugger!

They seem to be the only supp for the JD2 Bender Die sets in the UK :(

Will just keep on ringing and leave'm an email.

not wanted to make them sound bad but..

dont touch them with a barge pole...

Took them two months to pay me back for the c**p they sold me... :angry:

Not much can go wrong with buying the JD2 Die sets from them (hope they still stock them) The choice is Straight Forward or Vans Sants across the pond in Iwowa :blink:

I have been tempted with their double beadys though? We shall see what happens?

Cheers

Mark

Not much can go wrong with buying the JD2 Die sets from them (hope they still stock them) The choice is Straight Forward or Vans Sants across the pond in Iwowa :blink:

I have been tempted with their double beadys though? We shall see what happens?

Cheers

Mark

the double beadlocks would have be alright if they were round !! lol oval wheels arnt alot of help :lol:

the double beadlocks would have be alright if they were round !! lol oval wheels arnt alot of help :lol:

You actually were supplied a set of the double beadlocking "hummer type" wheels?

I know of a few people who have tried to order them with no success

You actually were supplied a set of the double beadlocking "hummer type" wheels?

I know of a few people who have tried to order them with no success

aye, set of them as weld together 'kit' and a set of weld on beadlocks, all were oval, so much for 'quality CNC cut items' looks like a bloke with a template and a gas axe, each 'hoop' was larger than the other, hence the oval was exaggerated each time lol !

Shome because the product idea is good, the customer service and finish is not

It would seem the Straight Forward are getting a bit of a bad rep on this thread. But i didnt intend this to be the case. Appart from tryin to get hold of them, what i have purchased was fine.

I have received an email today and i can sort out my die supply pretty soon. Thats me happy......

Am i to assume the beadys are not too good then?

Ive fitted a couple of sets of their weld on beadlocks and they have been fine, Perfectly round so maybe Chris had a bad set. Also used their Hydro assist Ram for my steering and that is spot on, Works great! Cant fault what they have done for me.

sorry, wasnt ment to come over too badly, i probably had the fiday night set ;)

i was just a bit miffed cos we wanted a set of tyres from them as well.. ho hum

• 2 months later...

:angry: Sorry guys, again unimpressed with straight forward supplies "customer service" I called to talk about the hydro assist steering... And surprise i got through, only at odd out of hours times have i been able to get thru tho... In the first instance Tim was very unhelpfull not giving me any of the information about the product ie, dimentions fitting ect.... It arrived quickly however there were no fittings or brackets and the ram looked used and had bits of metal in it......!!!! Eventually 3 weeks later the rest of the parts arrived after numerous e-mails and phone calls.... I still have not recieved any pictures of the kit fitted or any guidance on drilling and tapping the steering box....... NOT IMPRESSED......!!!!

Buggy so far.....post-4890-1196802418_thumb.jpg

:angry: Sorry guys, again unimpressed with straight forward supplies "customer service" I called to talk about the hydro assist steering... And surprise i got through, only at odd out of hours times have i been able to get thru tho... In the first instance Tim was very unhelpfull not giving me any of the information about the product ie, dimentions fitting ect.... It arrived quickly however there were no fittings or brackets and the ram looked used and had bits of metal in it......!!!! Eventually 3 weeks later the rest of the parts arrived after numerous e-mails and phone calls.... I still have not recieved any pictures of the kit fitted or any guidance on drilling and tapping the steering box....... NOT IMPRESSED......!!!!

Buggy so far.....post-4890-1196802418_thumb.jpg

hmm thats a shame, i was thinking of giving them another try for that hydro steering. I did see a statement on the website saying they were going to be contactable only by email tho?

Is there any other suppliers for hydro then??

hmm thats a shame, i was thinking of giving them another try for that hydro steering. I did see a statement on the website saying they were going to be contactable only by email tho?

Is there any other suppliers for hydro then??

David @ Llama 4x4 has a much better system available.