TD5 Ignition live

Hello there!

Have recently purchased a 2005 110 XS :)

never really done much with landrovers, or indeed any car before! But i'm an electrician by trade so used to working with my hands and regard myself as quite competant.

Trying to install a nokia bluetooth car kit in it..installing it under the cubby box. my problem is finding an ignition live for the unit. Presumably there must be one under the drivers seat, but what is the best one to use, and more importantly what sodding colour is it!

Regards

Chris

I fitted the same unit as yourself and the way i went about it (maybe not correctly) was to just wire it to the battery under the seat as it comes with a 2 amp fuse in line any way and automatically goes into stand by after 60 seconds when not connected I took a easy route

but I'm lazy

Rob

I fitted the same unit as yourself and the way i went about it (maybe not correctly) was to just wire it to the battery under the seat as it comes with a 2 amp fuse in line any way and automatically goes into stand by after 60 seconds when not connected I took a easy route

but I'm lazy

Rob

hmm, i thought about that, but i like things to be done properly think it'll be my last resort if there is no where i can tap into though

either of the ignition/start relay connection or direct off the back of the ignition switch,

brown/white from ignition switch to fusebox or white/red from ignition switch to start relay or white on ignition switch or brown/red from start relay to starter soleniod

these are all Td5 colours.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've also got a 110 XS. How did you get on with the suggestion from Western?

I've decided to add another fusebox under the driver seat. I recently installed a Mud Tray with 3 aux power points which I wired to the main fusebox using a multi-connector (so it can be removed for service / fuse access). To get a switched supply I tapped into fuse 16 (dark blue / green wire) whihc is the supply for the cigar lighter and main interior fan (I think). I connected the earth tail to the bolt holding the fuse panel in place.

Back to your question, I have run a +ve trigger from the same supply under the carpet (in a braided sleeve) to the driver seat box. I'll use this to switch a 70 amp relay connected directly to the battery (which I'll move to a second battery when I get one). This then feeds a set of fuses which will power more aux supplies, a CB radio and phone setup in the cubby box. A second feed from the battery will feed another bank of always on fused supplies to more aux sockets in the rear of the vehicle for fridge, work lamps etc.

This means little mucking about with existing wiring (paranoid about ECU connections) and allows more gadgets later. http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-...me/homepage.php are good for this sort of kit as are others.

Also fitted a Dension kit on a Brodit clip for an iPod (Cd player is hopeless with hard suspension) and an external amplified aerial on top of the Safari snorkel to give my portable GPS a boost (fantastic reception).

Enjoy...

Steve

Trying to install a nokia bluetooth car kit in it..installing it under the cubby box. my problem is finding an ignition live for the unit. Presumably there must be one under the drivers seat, but what is the best one to use, and more importantly what sodding colour is it!