90 & 110 Wheels

I need to replace 2 of my original steel wheels - balance is so bad as to be unrectifiable & the vibration between 40-50 mph is getting on my wick.

On looking at ebay, sellers seem to differentiate between 90 & 110 wheels; what - if anything - is the difference ? Probably a bit of a biff question, I know, but I've never needed that much detail before.

(Before anybody leaps in with advice to fit alloys, steel modulars, Wolf wheels, 2" lifts, etc - my truck (early '83 110) is a workhorse not a plaything and I'm quite happy running on original steel wheels with 750/R16 Goodyear ATs !)

Thanks.

No difference as far as I know, if you are talking about the old standard steel wheels.

I think I am correct in saying that the Rostyle steel wheel (as fitted to many older County 90s and some very old Range Rovers built before round alloy was invented) is not rated for a 110 and nor are some of the much later genuine alloys, but the el boggo 5.5x16 steels are the same on all models as far as I know.

The difference is probably what the wheels were taken off and the sellers are none the wiser :)

No difference as far as I know, if you are talking about the old standard steel wheels.

I think I am correct in saying that the Rostyle steel wheel (as fitted to many older County 90s and some very old Range Rovers built before round alloy was invented) is not rated for a 110 and nor are some of the much later genuine alloys, but the el boggo 5.5x16 steels are the same on all models as far as I know.

The difference is probably what the wheels were taken off and the sellers are none the wiser :)

Thanks - that's what I suspected, but don't wan't to spend beer tokens only to find that the rims aren't up to a 110's weight.

from what i can gather , nrc7578pm which is both 90 and 110 superseded 109 wheels.

all of which were 5.5?

there are a few 6.5 rims , series 2b forward control rims 569203 , series 2a (not sure about these being 6.5 or 5.5) 543384

and 127/130 wheels 569204 , also found i think on the series 1 ton.

If you want a couple of wheels I have a set of 4 here...off a 90/110 - gratis.

Thanks for the offer - very kind. Afraid I don't get over your side of the country often at the moment, so I'll have to pass.

Moving to Wiltshire in November, however, & if I haven't got some by then & you are still offering I'll be in touch.

On the original question:

Both Beamends & Craddocks parts lists have NRC7578PM (superceded by ANR4636PM) listed as for 90/110. Craddocks describe them as 5.5F x 16 with 33mm inset. Can't find any reference to differing insets on 90/110 wheels - though it is there for Series SWB/LWB.

Thanks for all the replies (here & elsewhere, Rob !) - looks like there isn't a difference, so long as I don't get Series wheels !

all 90/110 wheels are 33mm, only the latest XD/Wolf type are 20.6mm

standard 5.5F x16 wheels for 90/110 are ANR4636PM welded construction in primer finish, the earlier NRC7578 were rivetted construction.

6.5L x 16 heavy duty are ANR1543PM rivtted construction

6.5J x 16 x 20.6mm XD/Wolf are welded construction ANR5593PM or ANR4583PM rivetted construction

hope that helps. :D

all 90/110 wheels are 33mm, only the latest XD/Wolf type are 20.6mm

standard 5.5F x16 wheels for 90/110 are ANR4636PM welded construction in primer finish, the earlier NRC7578 were rivetted construction.

6.5L x 16 heavy duty are ANR1543PM rivtted construction

6.5J x 16 x 20.6mm XD/Wolf are welded construction ANR5593PM or ANR4583PM rivetted construction

hope that helps. :D

Many thanks - very helpful. Now in no doubt !