Hi from new member.

Mikey

Hello all, hope I have posted this in the right place.

Recently bought my first LR, (Disco Series 1 300 TDi. I thought I would find a place to discuss things with other owners. This site seems a really friendly place, so I expect to be around for some time.

OK, I know it's not the best, :P but it's my first foray into 4x4 and will be my second vehicle. Thanks for the welcom.

Hi Mikey,

Les is just jealous that he doesn't have a 300Tdi in catflap. :P

Don't be disheartened, the 300Tdi's are a good engine albeit a 200Tdi is better IMHO due to its less complicated more mechanical nature (just read as less electricery :D ).

I can't speak for the nature of a TD5 though.........

Welcome aboard.

Cheers

G

Well thanks for all the nice welcoming replies.

I am a newbie to LR's, fancied one for a while and recently bit the bullet. Picked up a decent (and cheap) Mk2 Series 1 300 TDi Disco. 120k mileage but extremely nice condition body/chassis. The engine is a bit noisy but it looks in lovely condition. I assumed rightly or wrongly that it would be better to go for good boywork as it would be cheaper to do work on the engine if required. hmm hope I did the right thing.

I think I will enjoy my visits here as it seems a pleasant place with well informed users. creep creep. ;-)

I just wish I could post a bit faster, but as a newbie I am pre-moded, so I have to leave messages and come back later.

Mikey

Hi Mikey,

welcome to the best place for all your Landrover info and chat.I own a `99 td5 and can now do almost all my own engine work thank`s to the bottomless pit of information and people willing to help you out with the problems of owning the best 4x4xfar.

Foxminer.

Hi Mikey,

welcome to the best place for all your Landrover info and chat.I own a `99 td5 and can now do almost all my own engine work thank`s to the bottomless pit of information and people willing to help you out with the problems of owning the best 4x4xfar.

Foxminer.

Cheers for that. I used to be quite handy with the spanners, but it's many years since I actually bothered to do any worthwhile work under the bonnet, the last few cars have been rather "non user friendly", I must admit that the disco seems much more "hands on" though so I am sure I will get back into the habit.

I bought this one because the body, chassis and interior were in excellent condition and it was pretty cheep, so I don't mind spending money on the engine if required. I am not really familiar with diesel engines though and they make a lot more strange noises than I am used to, so before I delve too deeply I would like to get the opinion of somebodymore familiar with the Disco. Got myself a Haynes manual but all I have done so far is change the oil and filter and adjusted the tappets, don't really want to do too much as it running quite well and starts easily. It does seem a bit noisy though, so I am looking for a decent (honest) local expert to point me in the right direction. Anyone who can recommend somedody within 20 odd miles of Wrexham. please let me know.

btw, to Paul Humpreys, you say there were a few good places in my area, would be glad if you could suggest somebody, thanks.

Once again, thanks for all the nice welcomes.

Mike