Rear propshaft recommendations

tpb

My propshaft has a good sag/bend/warp in it, a handful of dents, missing a grease nipple (on the shaft), and one of the ujoints is very, very stiff. Apparently "routine maintenance" was not part of a previous owner's vocabulary.

I'm looking for something bombproof. I plan on keeping the 110 for the next thirty years - so I don't mind paying a little extra for some good quality kit. I haven't decided if I'm going to add some lift, but it is a very real possibility.

I have two basic options:

1) order something from the UK

2) go to a random propshaft store here in Canada and see if they can make something fit.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

My propshaft has a good sag/bend/warp in it, a handful of dents, missing a grease nipple (on the shaft), and one of the ujoints is very, very stiff. Apparently "routine maintenance" was not part of a previous owner's vocabulary.

I'm looking for something bombproof. I plan on keeping the 110 for the next thirty years - so I don't mind paying a little extra for some good quality kit. I haven't decided if I'm going to add some lift, but it is a very real possibility.

I have two basic options:

1) order something from the UK

2) go to a random propshaft store here in Canada and see if they can make something fit.

What are your recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

do you konw what the MOD do regarding parts in their bases in canada? could be very much barking up the wrong tree, but they might use the dealer network rather than bringing spares with them, in which case you might be able to get your dealer to get one for you. i think there are uk bases in alberta, along with one/s in bc. might just be cheaper getting it from the uk as western says though, given dealer prices for such parts.

do you konw what the MOD do regarding parts in their bases in canada? could be very much barking up the wrong tree, but they might use the dealer network rather than bringing spares with them, in which case you might be able to get your dealer to get one for you. i think there are uk bases in alberta, along with one/s in bc. might just be cheaper getting it from the uk as western says though, given dealer prices for such parts.

I've talked to the local dealer, and they told me to go to "roversnorth" - which is unnaturally fast, but also expensive. I'm not sure how the MOD deals with parts, but every owner I've talked to in and around Calgary orders the majority of their parts from the UK.

I've talked to the local dealer, and they told me to go to "roversnorth" - which is unnaturally fast, but also expensive. I'm not sure how the MOD deals with parts, but every owner I've talked to in and around Calgary orders the majority of their parts from the UK.

Get up to BATUS (half hour from Med Hat/3 hours from Calgary), and try and have a chat with one of the permanent staff REME guys (they work on the right hand side of the road as you head north). I'm sure for a few crates of beer/ a contribution to their Christmas party, they'll be able to sort you out. When I was out there a few years ago, they had a scrap yard (on the left hand side of the road as you head north) with loads of dead 110s with Salisbury axles I raided the dead vehicle yard for bits and got some useful stuff, so if they're still there, you might be able to sort something out.

Toby