Erm - Odd Request - Exhaust Measurements please

Hybrid_From_Hell

Hi Peeps

Can those of you who have any of the Land Rovers listed below please post up the OD of the tube of the rear exhaust section

2.5 Naturally Gasping

2.5TD

200 TDi

300 TDi

TD5

V8 50th Anniversary

RR

300 TDi

4.6EFI

Ta muchly :)

Nige

Whats wrong with nas rear exhaust sections then nige? Why don't we get a mention :P

My factory 200tdi def exhaust is 65mm(ish)

Downpipe on TD5 is 3", the rest of the system is 2.5" except for the tailpipe which is 3" IIRC

The exhuast on Andrews TD5 challenge car is 3" front to back and uses the standard tailpipe

My factory 200tdi def exhaust is 65mm(ish)

Downpipe on TD5 is 3", the rest of the system is 2.5" except for the tailpipe which is 3" IIRC

The exhuast on Andrews TD5 challenge car is 3" front to back and uses the standard tailpipe

Hmmm

This is Odd.

I was with Tonk yesterday and we popped into Brooklyn 4x4, had a lookie and a measure of 200 / 300 / TD5 exhausts.

I am thinking as to if I can save huge amouints of time / money on the V8, if the TD5 exhaust has an id of as we saw on a britparts unit around 65mm then this could work, I would just need downpipes Y piece made.

The 200 / 300 units were all far smaller bore, so I am puzzled that yuour factory 200 is 65mm :huh: wondering if aftermarket stuff can vary that much ?...not unknown.

I am also remembering I saw an advert for a Big Bore TD5 kit.....twsited performance maybe ?...I'll have a lookie

Need to speak to JE re Primary / secondary lengths and final pipe bores etc, but this may work.

Where did you mate get the 3" system from ?...or <gulp> was this a made to measure jobuie ?

I guess you could call it made to measure - its a 3ft length of 3" Stainless tube with the TD5 tip welded on, and a mounting flange to fit to the downpipe, it runs down the left hand side of the car parellel to the chassis rail. Dirtydiesel and myself made it when we were rebuilding the car and fitting the TD5

There may be some photo's in the build thread in my signature

HTH