Accesory for every vehicle

sgnas

Just a "public service announcement". I don't expect a debate on the subject.

This weekend's tragic accident reminded me that we do not have one of these in our 110.

My wife is a nursery nurse/nanny/childminder and has always had one of these hammers in her car.

She now regularlly uses our 110 with our child and others and I was already accutely aware that in an emergency getting the kids out quick is far from easy.

In a real emergency it may be useless, you might not be able to find it, you might panic and forget you've got it but it might just help you get out.

Thanks for looking, Neil.

In the situation they were in I am not sure it would have been much use but certainly a good idea.

I do under water escape training every few years as part of working offshore and it scarest the **** out of me every time. Strapped into a seat upside down trying to get a window out and then a 4 point harness before swimming out is not my idea of fun, last time the safety dive had to release me after the harness jammed in place. Even in a controlled enviroment the panic sets in (well it does for me anyway!) and you can't hold your breath for nearly as long as you could sitting by the pool and thats with out debris flying around or muddy water to contend with.

It's an FIA requirment to have one within reach of every participant. One for the driver, one for the co-driver...even one for the middleman (as in my case with a three person crew)

I have one on each side of the transmission tunnel in the Disco. It makes sense.

Regards.

S.

Where can you buy these from then ? I went to the website but they want my details so they can send me the name of a supplier. If anyone knows where you can get them from can they please post the address.

Rgds

Ivan

Just a "public service announcement". I don't expect a debate on the subject.

This weekend's tragic accident reminded me that we do not have one of these in our 110.

My wife is a nursery nurse/nanny/childminder and has always had one of these hammers in her car.

She now regularlly uses our 110 with our child and others and I was already accutely aware that in an emergency getting the kids out quick is far from easy.

In a real emergency it may be useless, you might not be able to find it, you might panic and forget you've got it but it might just help you get out.

Thanks for looking, Neil.

The small print under the screen states that it does not work on laminated windscreens or laminated side windows. Most windscreens are now surely laminated? What about side windows are they still mainly toughened. Not very practical for the nas either, I have plastic side and rear windows in the canvas top and plastic window removable door tops. Mind you a must have device for helping others, many moons ago I was at the scene of a car fire and could not help, that was a fatality also. So down to Halfrauds tomorrow.

The small print under the screen states that it does not work on laminated windscreens or laminated side windows. Most windscreens are now surely laminated? What about side windows are they still mainly toughened. Not very practical for the nas either, I have plastic side and rear windows in the canvas top and plastic window removable door tops. Mind you a must have device for helping others, many moons ago I was at the scene of a car fire and could not help, that was a fatality also. So down to Halfrauds tomorrow.

You have a point, direct quote from the site says:

This tool will not break windshields or windows made of laminated glass. Some vehicles may have laminated side windows. For vehicles with laminated side windows, LifeHammer will still function

...which I don't quite understand. Presumably they mean toughened for the side windows. I've dropped them an e-mail.