Hi All. Newbie here.

gerard

Hi all.

I'm a newbie here so thought I'd just introduce myself.

I'm based in North Suffolk and the proud owner of a "C" reg 90 called Mildred.

I bought her from a client who deals in LRs "as is"...she was a hospital/healthcare snow plough!

I had to remove the snow plough gubbins from the front but little else, just a general tidy up...oh

and a new power steering pump and pipes. (the seller gave me this foc).

She is a 2.5 petrol...which I know are not popular...but I like her and don't see the point in changing the engine.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it! I have put a new distributer on her as this was as cheap as new points and cap!!!

Chassis will need some work. My brother in law who is a Landy fan and welded many says considering the use as

snow plough the chassis is in good nick, most of the rust is superficial!

Some has spent a lot of money on her in the past, new exhaust, rear floor and supports etc.

I've never owned a 90 before, owned two Range Rovers and have the enviable position

of being someone who was actually born in the back of an Land Rover in Africa.....my mother has

alway said that is where my fascination with them started!.

Anyway sorry to bore you. :rolleyes:

Regards

Gerard

Hi Gerard. I am also based in North Suffolk. Like you I am also new to the forum. I have an assortment of trucks at the moment - 90 200Tdi (for off road), 110 Td5 XS (for everyday use)and 90 Td5 CSW (For sale :huh: ). If you need any company on green lanes let me know and we can team up.

Hi All...nice to meet you, so to speak.

I will post some pics when I get a chance...not taken any yet!

I've just been trying to get rid of the the backfiring on overrun...not much success.

Timing and dwell are OK...so think it maybe a problem with the carb.

Also she doesn't stop when the ignition is switched off...think the solenoid is

playing up. Maybe a new carb is in order.

I might get a local garage to check her...thy guys I bought her from don't do

timing etc.

I'm just outside Diss, Redgrave. Where are you other Suffolk boys?

Wow.... Steve/Gerard...

Grandparents used to have a place in Eye 5 miles south of Diss.... I plan to head over one day and re-photograph all the places we used to go to and old houses the family owned etc.

I'll drop you a note when I get some plans sorted and maybe buy you a beer.....

Neil

Wow.... Steve/Gerard...

Grandparents used to have a place in Eye 5 miles south of Diss.... I plan to head over one day and re-photograph all the places we used to go to and old houses the family owned etc.

I'll drop you a note when I get some plans sorted and maybe buy you a beer.....

Neil

Interesting Neil as I'm originally from Herts and the last property I owned there was not that far from Royston.

Welcome to LR4x4 Gerard and also DaveB...I'm not far from you both too..Stowmarket .If you are going out greenlaning pm me if you fancy a meet , Iknow several lanes around here as I've been here forever :P . I also marshal at Bures most times if you fancy a playday outing.My 109 is my avatar...also a few pic's in my gallery on here.

Seems there is quite a few forumeers out here in the east now ,maybe its time for a social over here?

see you in the mud somewhere B)

cheers

Steveb