Wheel Arch Liners?

gruntus

Gents,

I remember having a look under the rear tub of my 90 and the front wings and couldn't help thinking that some form of plastic liner would both protect the light clusters and also help reduce the road noise (for example water thrown off the rear tyres).

It would also be a lot easier to keep clean with a pressure washer and stop reduce the carp building up in the chassis.

I was thinking a simple plastic liner wouldn't impair articulation etc if it was correctly moulded?

Are there any such items on the market or has anybody fitted something similar in the past?

ANswers on apostcard please. :)

Regards

Grant

Gents,

I remember having a look under the rear tub of my 90 and the front wings and couldn't help thinking that some form of plastic liner would both protect the light clusters and also help reduce the road noise (for example water thrown off the rear tyres).

It would also be a lot easier to keep clean with a pressure washer and stop reduce the carp building up in the chassis.

I was thinking a simple plastic liner wouldn't impair articulation etc if it was correctly moulded?

Are there any such items on the market or has anybody fitted something similar in the past?

ANswers on apostcard please. :)

Regards

Grant

Yes there was a company selling them but not suitable for any tyre / rim combination other than the standard LR set-up due to not enough wheel arch clearance. :angry:

I did not bother after knowing that bit of info!

We used conveyor belting on the challenge 90, then used tek screws into the inner wings to hold it in place.

I do know of a good free supply of conveyor belting (unused sand pit near me, still with all the processing equipment in situ), thats where I got the 20 ft or so to do the truck.

It's so easy now to wash all the muck from under the arches!!!