Midland Game Fair

Paul64

I would'nt take the p*ss too much - the guy runs a martial arts school in Wrexham, N Wales.

I was on my trials bike, and met him checking out a tarmac'd bumpy road in Llangollen - I don't think he has ever taken the thing off-road (other than parking at game fairs :lol: )

After a quick conversation, he admitted he only wanted the 'look', and would never take it anywhere where damage might occur (Tesco's car park on a satday spring to mind).......

I would'nt take the p*ss too much - the guy runs a martial arts school in Wrexham, N Wales.

I was on my trials bike, and met him checking out a tarmac'd bumpy road in Llangollen - I don't think he has ever taken the thing off-road (other than parking at game fairs :lol: )

After a quick conversation, he admitted he only wanted the 'look', and would never take it anywhere where damage might occur (Tesco's car park on a satday spring to mind).......

Shattered the illusion of a well travelled overlander that protected his pride and joy with his bare hands!

Let's off road :rolleyes:

Didn't get to the Midland. Looked as though it was going to get a boost due to the cancellation of the CLA Game Fair, what was it like this year?

It was great! Good weather and lots on. I thought the dog trials that anybody could enter with their dog was good idea. Brave though as some of them did not react the way the owners wanted with such a big audience!

DSC04904.jpg

DSC04909.jpg

Stunning, of all the gamefairs to take it to, this one is not it. Loads of Terriers and Lurchers, if you get my drift.

MOG, it was packed on Sat, but seemed quieter on Sunday. Watched some of the demos, saw how our cocker should work when she returns from boarding school in 5months, and got a new fox squeeker. Had a good look at scopes, it looks like its going to be a Swarovski on the new 20cal :ph34r::D

Pardon me for sticking my neck out here, but why criticise the vehicle and the owner? :angry:

Just because he doesn't get it muddy isn't excuse for ridicule. Surely, the fact that he drives one of these vehicles which we're all supposed to adore is reason enough for a little respect?

Everyone has different tastes. If that 90 had seen a few overland trips or had regularly been greelnaned / pay n' played, would your opinion be any different?

Pardon me for sticking my neck out here, but why criticise the vehicle and the owner? :angry:

Just because he doesn't get it muddy isn't excuse for ridicule. Surely, the fact that he drives one of these vehicles which we're all supposed to adore is reason enough for a little respect?

Everyone has different tastes. If that 90 had seen a few overland trips or had regularly been greelnaned / pay n' played, would your opinion be any different?

Don't want to get into a agruement in anyway but I think the thread spawns for the saying "all the gear-no idea", but if you know if he wants the "serious off road look" without actually doing then fair enough, whatever floats your boat.

but he's going to get stick from the serious off road people, as we buy the kit bit by bit as it needed

Like the guys you see with Foggy Ducati jackets that don't have a bike...bus-biker I believe is term

I'm with you Simon,

When I took the photos it never crossed my mind that this would cause such a stir. This LR appeared to be designed for overland use and for all we know this fella is planning a long trip across Africa. (I hope he is) It seemed to have everything needed for prolonged camping and getting out of tricky situations.

Good luck to him.

Cheers,

Paul

I'm with you Simon,

When I took the photos it never crossed my mind that this would cause such a stir. This LR appeared to be designed for overland use and for all we know this fella is planning a long trip across Africa. (I hope he is) It seemed to have everything needed for prolonged camping and getting out of tricky situations.

Good luck to him.

Cheers,

Paul

Absolutely, my 90 is mainly for off roading, but I just love driving it anywhere, there great to drive and above all you look dam cool! haha :P

I heard three brand new Land Rovers went missing from the show?.

Also the stands had been moved around this time after years of everyone being in the same place on the same isle and that the isle were wider.

Still robbing buggers though, £5.50 for a pork cob, must be some special pig.