ABS speed sensor

MECCANO

Sorry its taken a while to get back to you, been dead to the world (Man flu).

Big thanks to Corrode, i managed to frig up the sensor and get a semi sine wave shaped signal.

Superpants that doc has been an amazing help.

every one else, cheers... and expect plenty more questions to come your way :D

The signal will probably change shape dependent on speed, as the teeth it reads are flat profile. At low speeds you will get a lumpy cross between a sine wave and a square wave as the rising and falling edges cause a change, and during the flats the voltage will decay a little, knocking the peak off. At higher speeds, the voltage won't have time to decay so it will probably be more of a sine wave.

Then again, it's been a long time since I put a scope on anything like that so I could be wrong!

I think the biggest problem was that i was trying to use a paper fastener as the trigger, waving it around in front of the sensor.

might see if i can dig out an old straight cut gear, and frig it upto a motor. i think ive got a constant speed motor from a video player some where. Just so i can get a more asthetically pleasing picture when i capture the wave form on the scope.

Might be time to dig out the meccano :D