Tomcat Dashboard- Will it fit a defender

general-confusion

I think this question has been asked before but after half an hour of searching I can't find it

I need a dashboard for my new truck and thought the Tomcat one looked versatile , I'm

sure I saw pictures of someone here who had used one in their 90 , I have asked Tomcat

themselves and even they dont know if it will fit. Any ideas or pictures

Ta

Steve

Guest diesel_jim

I'm fitting one this week into Andy Chaplins rangerover, was looking at the dash yesterday (comes in 2 parts) and the back of it is "flat", so looks like it'll fit into a defender bulkhead pretty easily.

you'll need to chop parts out of the back to clear the vent flap levers and other parts, and, after it's done, i wonder what it'll actually look like... unless you take a lot of time and care, it could easily look like a dogs dinner.

Very Nice Will any chance of some larger pics...pm me if you need to

Thanks

Steve

Steve, it's not my truck it's the one in the 90 Maddison 4x4 built for JJ Keally. Try a search on the D44 forum - I'm sure there were a few more photos of the dash in his car. IIRC Maddison have done a few of these dashes in defenders now so it might be worth giving them a call if you have problems.

• 1 year later...
Hi Steve ..yes I did fit the one I bought from Jules it was pretty straightforward and I will take a pic or 2 tomorrow and post them up...might be later in the day as the car is still parked inside my coach from yesterdays challenger event

Excellent thanks. Pics would be brilliant. do you like the dash now you have it fitted?

you are correct in that the tomcat dash is just a bare fibreglass shell and there would be quite alot of work in sorting the heater controls and ducts although not impossible. I dont have a heater at all in my challenge truck as its just wasted weight. And Steve yes i like the dash very much as it's light with plenty of space for switches etc and puts my locker switches right by my steering wheel