Highlanders Pub Meet?

EdF

• 2 weeks later...

We went up to Drumclog last weekend Jim, just south of Glasgow I think. 12 hours drive from Exeter with a stop to pick Jonathan up in Liverpool!

Great site - lots of bogs, hills, water, mud, rocky riverbeds, plenty to keep us occupied for a weekend. Smaller site than 7 Sisters but just as fun, and no time to start/finish there so if you want to do a night drive you just go. Only £20 a day too.

People on the Difflock forum seem to organise trips there quite regularly. My pictures are up here.

Richard

The only 'offroading' I know is the Corrieyairack Pass, but it's pretty boring, 15 miles of track and it's impassable due to rain wash-out. Best bet is to try and go to a trial, I suppose, Highland 4WD Club, Scottish Offroaders, Scottish LR Owners. I was really aiming my post at those up here already as there are virtually no 'social events'. They're a shy lot, though..

http://www.slroc.co.uk/

http://www.sorc.org.uk/

http://highland4x4.21.forumer.com/index.php

We went up to Drumclog last weekend Jim, just south of Glasgow I think. 12 hours drive from Exeter with a stop to pick Jonathan up in Liverpool!

Great site - lots of bogs, hills, water, mud, rocky riverbeds, plenty to keep us occupied for a weekend. Smaller site than 7 Sisters but just as fun, and no time to start/finish there so if you want to do a night drive you just go. Only £20 a day too.

People on the Difflock forum seem to organise trips there quite regularly. My pictures are up here.

Richard

what were u driving richard?

was there all wknd myself

I was in a Green 90 with my brother and his mate had a yellow Vitara pickup

Like this if the picture works...

413_IMG_3472_1.jpg

What were you in? There were so many people there that I guessed some would be on this forum as well as Difflock but I don't recognise any of the Scottish lot!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

Highlander here!

EdF - are you in the Highland 4WD club?

Heard today there's a chain across the south (Laggan/A9) entrance to the Corrieyairack Pass at the bothy complete with sign's! Has anyone else come across this?

I was in a Green 90 with my brother and his mate had a yellow Vitara pickup

Like this if the picture works...

413_IMG_3472_1.jpg

What were you in? There were so many people there that I guessed some would be on this forum as well as Difflock but I don't recognise any of the Scottish lot!

Richard

AHA

twas I with the green dastek 90 that was flexing in the gulley where you were jumping the 90