Shropshire Byways User Group

treebloke

Myself, Ray and Gareth attended a meeting today at Shropshire Shirehall for the byways user group which meet approx every six months. It was to generally discuss any issues with byways throughout the county.

The Shropshire rights of way team have again agreed to work with CRAG and we are making plans for 2008 to maintain the rights of way network.

I have arranged to dig some trial holes with a mini digger over at BOAT 5. We cleared the vegetation around two years ago but there is some fly tipped debris at the northern end (other end to the scrap yard) which has been there donkeys years and we need to find out whats there so we can make a decision on the best way to go about reinstating the lane.

It is quite steep at the northern end so there will be a gradient and hopefully we can utilise whats there.

The footbridge at Rowe Lane, Beambridge which was washed across the lane has been moved out of the way but we will put it back to its origional position and secure it down properly.

We will be doing both of the above on the 12th Oct 2007 time permitting.

Five Turnings, Stowe. We will be stoning up the section where the water collects at the Five Turnings end of the lane later on this year.

All of the above would normally have been done by now but we were held up by the rains we had during the summer which created problems throughout the county.

Many other things were discussed at the meeting and other things are in the pipeline which I will report on as soon as I know more.