HELP ME!

Francis

Ok, here are my problems.

1) Full beam lights, keep blowing the 30 amp fuses.

2) Rear electric windows do not work (won't go up and down).

3) Reversing lights do not work.

4) Back door lock does not lock with the others on the central locking.

5) ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance. If anyone is feeling generous, I'd appreciate some help in sorting this out. Even if it costs me 20 quid in beer tokens. I live in Crawley, and I am no longer a 'Defender' owner. It's a 1992 Disco 200 Tdi.

Ok, here are my problems.

1) Full beam lights, keep blowing the 30 amp fuses.

2) Rear electric windows do not work (won't go up and down).

3) Reversing lights do not work.

4) Back door lock does not lock with the others on the central locking.

5) ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance. If anyone is feeling generous, I'd appreciate some help in sorting this out. Even if it costs me 20 quid in beer tokens. I live in Crawley, and I am no longer a 'Defender' owner. It's a 1992 Disco 200 Tdi.

1. most probably a wiring issue either up front (most likely) or under dash. Have a good look for where the wires to the headlights go through holes in the body where the wires could chafe.

2. Could be rear window isolation switch, or anything in the circuit from fuse onwards (fuse, switches (inc. rears), relays, bad connection) have you got a RAVE CD or Haynes with the wiring diagrams?

3) check wire coming from switch on gearbox, my one had come loose. If ok check for 12v on one wire with ignition on and 12v on both when in reverse (I think the 200 has switched +ve), if ok check rest of wiring to bulb, bulbs & gnd on other terminal of bulbs.

4) Nor did mine, dodgy solenoid was the problem - I think I've got a spare working one in the garage

I'm only in Coulsdon & quite happy to pop down (or you pop up) and give you a hand but prob not this weekend PM me if interested, have tools RAVE CD & 200tdi Haynes & a 200tdi being broken in the front garden lol.

HTH

Guy