Sharp pointy gearbox problem...

Morning, these threads of mine are becoming a regular thing :P

So my gearbox...it's quite stiff, getting hard to select reverse especially on a angle :huh:, the "notch" (can't think of a better way to describe it) between the forward gears and reverse is getting very hard to push past and the gear-stick won't come back past the "notch" on it own now <_<

It has been like this since I took the 90 for a swim (almost certian that's the problem) and is getting worse to be honest.

So have I got water in there and if so what can be done?? Please don't mention Ashcorft's :o

Thanks to all help given

Sharpy

Please don't mention Ashcorft's :o

Why??

IIRC there is a sort of ball and spring arrangement which provides the detent, never had one in bits so I can't tell you where it is or how you get it out though, but I swam Dad's old farm 90 in a river a few years back (half way up the windows at the back...) and it had a similar problem a couple of months later, and when he got it fixed he said that is what it was and it needed dismantling and cleaning/lubing.

Also expect clutch problems over the coming months, if you haven't already...

Why??

IIRC there is a sort of ball and spring arrangement which provides the detent, never had one in bits so I can't tell you where it is or how you get it out though, but I swam Dad's old farm 90 in a river a few years back (half way up the windows at the back...) and it had a similar problem a couple of months later, and when he got it fixed he said that is what it was and it needed dismantling and cleaning/lubing.

Also expect clutch problems over the coming months, if you haven't already...

Cause it'll cost me lost of money :lol: and it sounds like I'm going to have to spend it!

Yea I know the ball joint/spring, I did consider taking it off but wasn't sure any know about it? also as it was only 2 weeks ago if a oil drain etc would sort it?

Cheers