Bunny lane 7th Oct

jules

Despite every bugger taking photos every time I got stuck, I had a great time too. :P

To be fair, apart from Richard attempting to have the first vertical takeoff Dlander, you were providing the most entertainment!

Even though my truck did not make it out, due the damn brakes again, i had a great day too.

i had a good day until it all went a bit pete tong in the afternoon first snapped a rear half shaft, then no bugger with tow bar the right hight to tow the club trailer for me. so i towed it back in front wheel drive then 2 miles from where the trailer lives (still on the M27) my cambelt snapped so many thanks to deano for towing me and trailer off the motorway so rich (dlander) could go home and get his disco to tow the trailer back while deano towed me home. not only that but then rich and tracy fed us aswell many thanks

now looks like i'll be taking an engine out this week then :(

mike

i had a good day until it all went a bit pete tong in the afternoon first snapped a rear half shaft, then no bugger with tow bar the right hight to tow the club trailer for me. so i towed it back in front wheel drive then 2 miles from where the trailer lives (still on the M27) my cambelt snapped so many thanks to deano for towing me and trailer off the motorway so rich (dlander) could go home and get his disco to tow the trailer back while deano towed me home. not only that but then rich and tracy fed us aswell many thanks

mike

Mike if its a TDi then belive me no real worries sanpping a cambelt in one, Easy and chaep to fix .

I have done it twice. :rolleyes:

mike

Mike Its not so bad....

remember rich w and myself stripped out his broken cam belt on the grass out side of Romsey railway station while waiting for yourself and mr dlander to arrive with a recovery trailer :lol:

then was another afternoon (in the rain <_< ) to put in a new belt and replace the rear diff and weld up the pan where it had tried to escape :)

i know how easy it is to fix theres no problem there but this engine has now blown 1 head gasket, snapped 3 belts and 1 timing case so i think theres a more serious problem. each time the belts snapped it's only done about 10000 miles and 6-8 months hence i'm now looking for another engine

mike