Bunny lane 7th Oct

jules

Mmm, fair enough. Mine did a belt in a year - nothing like 10000 miles though. When I replaced it I found that it was due to water ingress (no water there by the time I changed it) caused by a poor seal on the crankshaft damper allowing water in.

Chris

The reason for failure of Rich's belt was water in the timing case.

after he drove through that deep lake at Bunny lane we noticed oily water leaking from the bottom of the timing gasket took the wading pug out to release about a pint of water.

The belt went two hours later, we think that after emptying out the water the heat from the engine dried it out quickly with all the crud completely seizing the tensioner.

A few photos courtesy of Andy Merry:

Mmmm Mog:

post-21-1191853224_thumb.jpg

Jules failing to proceed :P

post-21-1191853247_thumb.jpg

Rich dropping in

post-21-1191853282_thumb.jpg

Disco going up:

post-21-1191853318_thumb.jpg

Ali - getting stuck was nowt to do with axles, more the fact my tyres are not even MT pattern. That and people kept pestering me to drive through bits no-one else was stupid enough to go near :lol:

Ali - getting stuck was nowt to do with axles, more the fact my tyres are not even MT pattern. That and people kept pestering me to drive through bits no-one else was stupid enough to go near :lol:

He is making it all up :rolleyes::ph34r:

we didn't say "go on John you big girl" then laugh as you stopped

I was disapointed about how little loud peddle you were propaerd to use to get through stuff. You could have got though the first one if you were a little more aggressive with the power and get it up and spinning which should be easy as you don't have to worry about blowing diffs..

I was disapointed about how little loud peddle you were propaerd to use to get through stuff. You could have got though the first one if you were a little more aggressive with the power and get it up and spinning which should be easy as you don't have to worry about blowing diffs..

Which one do you mean - the one where I went in after you?

post-312-1191953068_thumb.jpg

Which one do you mean - the one where I went in after you?

:lol:

I got bellied hands up

you didn't get the revs above about 2000 and it sounded like it was struggling I still think if you gave it more welly you could have driven out.

you didn't get the revs above about 2000 and it sounded like it was struggling I still think if you gave it more welly you could have driven out.

Let's face it, I'm a slightly less aggressive driver than you Jules :lol: but I was in 3rd high box by the end and it wasn't going any faster - that mud was sloppy stuff and the tyres just didn't have the grip.

Let's face it, I'm a slightly less aggressive driver than you Jules :lol: but I was in 3rd high box by the end and it wasn't going any faster - that mud was sloppy stuff and the tyres just didn't have the grip.

Ah yeah Jon but you have to drive with a bit of cominment :)