Hello, anyone got an X9 superwinch?

English Gent

Hello

Why have I only just found this forum? I could have done with this place a couple of years ago.

I have a generally nice series IIA, with a galvanised coil sprung conversion and a 'slightly' ;) tuned 2 1/4 petrol engine.

I bought the Landy when I had a requirement to travel over the Pennines in all weathers, including when the Snake Pass was blocked with snow. Once that requirement had passed I began to modify the vehicle for greenlaning and then trials, and finally winch competitions (silverware on the first entry :i-m_so_happy: ), which brings me to where I am now... some thieving swine attempted to pinch my X9 superwinch off the front.

They had dropped the whole front bumper and mount onto the floor and hacked through all the power cables, before realising they couldn't take the winch as that was chained to the front PTO hole in the chassis. They tried to cut the cable, but 12mm of kryptonite cable ain't gonna be cut through with a hacksaw.

The first thing I did was to weld the mount to the bumper and tack the bumper bolts at the same time. Since then I discovered that the front bulkhead had rotted (again) and so had the radiator panel (again). So for a wile it was offroad, literally, having a new cold galvanised bulkhead and rad panel fitted.

During this rebuild I had decided that I wasn't going to continue with competitions, so I decided to mount the solenoid pack where the air cleaner used to be under the bonnet. So there I am with the pack bolted in, and about to arrange to borrow a mates crimpers to make new leads up when a stray thought occurs... I haven't got a clue which wire goes where... I even took off the bits when I did the bulkhead and rad panel... :blush:

Can anyone help me out with this?

Good security idea for the winch.

Does this help from the Tech Archive, X9 manuals

Yes, and unfortunately no...

I have the manual, but the wiring diagram isn't exactly helpful (I did my own rewire, but I know my limits), and your link to the X9 bit didn't work for me.

Mind you, if I make the new wires about the same length, the worst that could happen is that it runs backwards, or not all?

User Scrumps on here has an X9 he may be able to help

electrics are definatley his thing.

I have wiring diagram for a Husky somewhere that will probably be the same

Tony,

E-mail sent with scanned image of X9 solenoid pack.

Can you please post for me.

VMT

Scrumps

post-5-1191136928_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I shall now 'attempt' to wire everything up.

I'm going to have to remove the battery, and possibly the tray to attach p clips to carry the winch wires from the air cleaner to the front bumper. At least the nuts on the carrier should be undone easily enough... I replaced virtually ever nut and bolt with stainless steel ones over the years.

I'm considering installing a dash mounted winch control wired into the solenoid pack. I assume all I need would be is a momentary on-off-on switch? Mind you, better make sure the basic installation works first :P

I'm considering installing a dash mounted winch control wired into the solenoid pack. I assume all I need would be is a momentary on-off-on switch? Mind you, better make sure the basic installation works first :P

Yes , Mom-off-Mom for in cab switch. You can use some 4 core wire to go from solenoid to switch and use the white bolt as your 12v feed and green and black bolts for your switching poles and earth if you want lights on switches to work. A good range of switches to use are carling switches and a good source for these are mud stuff, Carling

Cheers

Steve