winch rope

pux

Not sure which section to put this in, i have searched for the my answer but had no luck :P . So my question is who if anyone has used winch webbing?? i have had plasma 12 in the past and broke it a couple of times :o but now i dont do alot of winching, i was looking at this webbing stuff as im not really in a position to by plasma or simliar as its a tad expensive :rolleyes: and wire really does scare me ;):lol: :lol: any help would be greatfully appreicated.

It was rubbish apparently

never heard a good thing about it.

what about a brand new wire rope

see classifieds section :)

cheers for the offer Tony i have a brand new wire sat here of my old superwinch that i had plasma on :D emm i think im going to have to use wire for a bit :huh:

Walfy had some............

Yes for 1 recovery!!! Now it's been cut up and made into ext sections. Not worth the effort. Now could you not keep reminding me what a load of sh*te I bought :D

Guest weeble
Yes for 1 recovery!!! Now it's been cut up and made into ext sections. Not worth the effort. Now could you not keep reminding me what a load of sh*te I bought :D

It was a load of cr-p wasn`t it!!!! :lol::lol:

Told you so :rolleyes::rolleyes:

The early stuff is excellent, carp hooks but almost unkillable - still got the length we failed to break for TOR (snatch recovery on a V8 Camel's motor with the strap tied round a bumper; wrapping the strap round concrete posts for winch extraction; never using a stro; in fact breaking ALL the rules); we wanted to break it but simply couldn't. I kept it as a teaching aid.

Watched Dave break his brand new 2nd generation strap by simply using a snatch block, utter cr*p, not worth using as toilet roll...

The early stuff is excellent, carp hooks but almost unkillable - still got the length we failed to break for TOR (snatch recovery on a V8 Camel's motor with the strap tied round a bumper; wrapping the strap round concrete posts for winch extraction; never using a stro; in fact breaking ALL the rules); we wanted to break it but simply couldn't. I kept it as a teaching aid.

Watched Dave break his brand new 2nd generation strap by simply using a snatch block, utter cr*p, not worth using as toilet roll...

i bought some straight after seeing that article in TOR - worked great and used it quite a bit with no problems.

its ok for straight pulls, but side pulls are a nightmare - you cant use a pully block as it bunches - hook was rubbish.

it did snap eventually trying to pull a portal'd truck off some rocks at frickley after he bust his front locker and wedged himself on a 4 foot boulder ... but it did stall the 9500lbs winch before it let go.

Well i think i have found some in the good old USA called AMSTEEL BLUE :huh: they can do me 8mm x 100ft sent to me for £91 :o but im just wondering if that nice bloke we call import tax may jump me :rolleyes:

Amsteel Blue. Is that from RockStompers? If it is then it is very good rope. All the rope on my motor is from there as is the spare rope I keep. I'd defo buy from them again. Shame he won't tick the gift or trade sample box :( . So you'll get clobbered for tax.

8mm? :o

What size winch? You really want 9 or 10mm for an 8,000 or 9,000lb winch.

errr it's 5/16 so thats 8mm i think :huh: :huh: and WALFY no this guy is enet found him on american eblag so im going to ask nicly if he will tick the gift box :D

Pux,

You still looking for a deal on winch rope ?

Geezer called Paul on Kentoffroadclub.co.uk forum had some large reels of it sent over from states - worth asking if still has some, as know he had a good deal on it.

Pux,

You still looking for a deal on winch rope ?

Geezer called Paul on Kentoffroadclub.co.uk forum had some large reels of it sent over from states - worth asking if still has some, as know he had a good deal on it.

Many thanks i will trundle over there and have peek :D