Euro Challenge 2007 - the aftermath

alan kemp

What a brilliant competition this was, event organisation was exceptional, well set out and hard hard sections. Well done and a big THANK YOU to all involved in setting up and running of this competition. The prizes were fantastic and I liked the extra touch of giving the marshall's a prize..

Superb effort from all the winners in all the classes. Awesome.....

Jenny's pictures to follow..

What a brilliant competition this was, event organisation was exceptional, well set out and hard hard sections. Well done and a big THANK YOU to all involved in setting up and running of this competition. The prizes were fantastic and I liked the extra touch of giving the marshall's a prize..

Superb effort from all the winners in all the classes. Awesome.....

Jenny's pictures to follow..

It was the best weekends offroading ive ever had!!

The Sections were very well layed out, you could see that there was a huge amount of work put in by the AWDC crew and marchals to organise such an awsome event :)

Saturday went well for us, I managed to put the truck into some water 5ft deep at the very start of the day, all was fine though (just happy i had a 200tdi at that point!) Jim and his TD5 were not so lucky :(

Sunday morning we pushed a tyre off the bead climbing the rock crawl, it was an easy fix but unfortunitly when exiting the rock crawl i managed to brake a front axle shaft :angry: We continued with 3 wheel drive for the rest of the day and still managed 20 punches.

Its a great feeling to get up on the podium, all those hudreds of hours spent working on the Rangie were all worth it :D

Looking forward to seeing the photo's.. :)

The best oragnaised challenge offroad event i have attended in the UK :D

Simply Ace.

WEll done and Thank you to the AWDC in particular Neil Whitford and his crew of marshals.

And Thank you and well done to Scorpion Racing racing for a job well done. Credit where credit is due.

We only managed one hour before placing the TD5 Ecu in the waters of destiny, No problem there i here you say.........

Well maybe not if you seal the holes in the back of the casing :rolleyes:

A very Big Thank you to Jeremy Fearn for giving up his Saturday afternoon to help us try to get it running, Top Bloke B)

Unfortunately, even with the 150mile round trip to Jeremy's it refused to run any sense (Only 4 cylinders) and we were forced to retire (Not sure i have ever done that before?)

The Saturday night was Ace with a discounted bar for organisers and competitors, and a band that really knew how to have fun...............

Simon Wilkinson and Dom do need Dancing lessons, but f*ck it was funny :lol:

I hope this event grows as it really does deserve a good turn out, And the prize fund was awesome, very impressive.

So thanks to everyone for making it very friendly.

Jim :)

Jim, I appreciate that you didnt have much of a chance to evaluate them but how did you find the Creepy Crawlers at Kirton?

Also, where is your ECU mounted, if you dont mind my asking?

Did not get to use them :(

My parts manager was admitted to hospital on Monday (Get well soon Jen) and thus meant i had to work late on customors vehicles and orders.

So unfortunately did not get time to fit the things or check other things like ECU's :lol:

However will do so soon and will let you know.

Jim :)

I liked the extra touch of giving the marshall's a prize..

The fact the prize was "Taller" than the marshal did give us all a laugh as well :D .............. well done Glaggsy mate ........ well deserved for all your hard work, I suspect he's gonna have to cut it down a bit and make the world's first 3'-0" Hi - Lift Jack mind B)

We've marshalled on quite a few of these events now and all of them have been great fun, gotta to say though ..... thanks to all you lot who compete and provide so much fun and entertainment for all of us ......... it makes it all worthwhile ............ and they just seem to get better, so keep it up.

And Swanny ............ thanks for "not" singing :P

Dave (aka CrewCab)

No allegations of cheating this time?

where you there mate :o

this event was well organised and EVERY section was marshled (by more than one marshel)

as far as i could see on all the sections we completed there where NO tracks out side of the taped areas .

appoligies if you were being sarcastic (smilies needed if so) but posts like yours are not really needed when so much hard work has been put in to these events , if your post refurs to another recent comp ''op north'' then no cheating was done there either , just the way the rules where interprited

where you there mate :o

this event was well organised and EVERY section was marshled (by more than one marshel)

as far as i could see on all the sections we completed there where NO tracks out side of the taped areas .

appoligies if you were being sarcastic (smilies needed if so) but posts like yours are not really needed when so much hard work has been put in to these events , if your post refurs to another recent comp ''op north'' then no cheating was done there either , just the way the rules where interprited

Yes I was there, I was one of the marshals :lol:

the punches at the furthest end of the site, when we looked on saturday had all the posts and tapes driven over.

in past events some questions were asked as to why the tyre marks on a section went UNDER the tape, as driven that way you could do the section in a freelander on bald tyres.

Some really good photo's Simon :D:D:D

Mr Turner whats going on here? :lol:

1472351342_190ffd1f01_b.jpg

:lol::lol::lol: Good pic Si! ''God'' :( i came close to a soak'in...... :P

Great event! top marshall's and very well organized, well done to Neil and the team. :i-m_so_happy:

I'm still looking for the bucket/barrel of bad luck that we're having at the moment, when i find it i'll leave it at the side of the road! :angry::lol: I'll just have to try again at the next one.