Euro Challenge 2007 - the aftermath

alan kemp

The best oragnaised challenge offroad event i have attended in the UK :D

Simply Ace.

WEll done and Thank you to the AWDC in particular Neil Whitford and his crew of marshals.

And Thank you and well done to Scorpion Racing racing for a job well done. Credit where credit is due.....

The Saturday night was Ace with a discounted bar for organisers and competitors, and a band that really knew how to have fun...............

Simon Wilkinson and Dom do need Dancing lessons, but f*ck it was funny :lol:

yeah, top notch weekends competing. shame my cambelt snapped but there is always next time. still learning tho and getting better with the truck every time.

as for dancing lessons, probably a wise idea, dom needs driving lessons too! :D

:o Ouch.

Ouch to the power 4 :rolleyes::o:huh:

This was me 12 months ago after the October 2006 Kirton Challenge event ............... and I was only marshalling :angry:

halfshafts504x408-1.jpg

Ces't la vie ............ etc etc etc .............. bloomin expensive weekend ............. 4 x 1/2 shafts, 2 x CV's and 1 x ARB ........... was not a happy bunny to say the least :( ........ but it's all better now though :P

CC

The weekends damage <_<

281326338.jpg

That is exactly what I think has happened to mine. You were lucky your locker stayed on or you would have been stuffed with just the rear wheels driving. We had to winch up little hills just to get back to the finish.

That is exactly what I think has happened to mine. You were lucky your locker stayed on or you would have been stuffed with just the rear wheels driving. We had to winch up little hills just to get back to the finish.

It was like driving with a wheel made of lead, with no drive to one of the front right wheel the waffle boards got loads of use on sunday. Atleast ive found a spare part in time for Round 7 :D

Good to hear you all thought the event went well. Neil and co. can only improve things if you give your feedback on the new things that were there and maybe some that were not.

The biggest difference was having to negotiate the pedestrian areas I suppose, but they are a necessary evil if we want this sport of ours to grow.

I have to say from reports that have come back to me there was not even a mention of any cheating, which was supported by the whole atmosphere of the event and by the scores which ended up being damn close.

Thanks to all the drivers that took part, you gave us some very interesting moments over the weekend and hopefully you will pass on the word that it is a worthwhile event to compete in.

Hopefully see you all at Tong, if you are not going you may be missing out on ever using it again. The curse of the local council planning department strikes again!!!

Cheers,

BB...