Removing sill and B/C pillar on a CSW & Galvanising it

Hi guys,

Has anyone removed the sill and B pillar from a CSW. It's a large piece that runs from the front to the rear door and contains the small 45o section to the C pillar. I've a bit of rust at the bottom of the 45o section that needs repairing.

I will be removing the 2nd row door, when a new one arrives, so I guess that's half the battle.

How easy or difficult is this piece to remove?

untitled.jpg

Cheers,

Its also, revited to the back tub, from memory 3 or 4 revits, and the triangle sections in front of the rear arch will need to come off.

A pretty Major component.

I am having mine galvanised at the moment.

Hope this helps.,Oz

I am just in the process of repairing the 45 degree box section piece that connects the cill u channel to the door post. I have removed the triangle panel that is riveted to the panel to expose the steel parts. The bottom of the box is welded to the cill piece and can be carefully cut away for replacement. Then refabricate the box section, cut the ends to the correct angle and reweld back to the cill. It is quite fiddly and I have remade the box in 2 pieces to weld together in the refabrication so I can weld internally back to the box section piece left in. I am about to start on the other side so will try and get some pics to explain if that helps ?

Guest diesel_jim

I've bought a rear CSW tub, and that c pillar is in 3 pieces.... the chap removed it with an angle grinder. <_<<_<

rear 45 degree bit looks rusted to buggery too, anyone know of repair sections for them?

I don't think you can get repair sections - not that you seem to be able to get the whole bit either, and they ain't cheap.

I reconstructed mine so they are now made in 3 pieces, this might give you some ideas:

The before - mmmmm :huh:

post-21-1191245352_thumb.jpg

The C-pillar after, this was made of a folded C-section welded to another folded section to make the shape, you could do it other ways though:

post-21-1191246112_thumb.jpg

I made the sills from 30x30 box, one end cut down to fit the bulkhead outrigger, you can see the mounting tabs. I used a bit of box standing upright to locate the B-pillar, which bolts to it.

post-21-1191246063_thumb.jpg

There is a tab on the other end of the sill which bolts to the C pillar. Reconstructing the B-pillar bottoms was a whole game in itself, basically involving a few folded bits and a lot of patience.

I have done mine very similarly, used three pieces of steel to reconstruct the box

started with a very rusty mess.

Then I cut three bits of steel. two bent into angles and the third was a section I already had basically an angle with a leg on.

Welded the bits together and jobs a goodun.

post-2807-1191258529_thumb.jpg

post-2807-1191258656_thumb.jpg

post-2807-1191258708_thumb.jpg

post-2807-1191258736_thumb.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hi,

I am restoring my 110, and planning to galv the b pillar part etc

2 questions -

1. is the sill, b pillar and c pillar all welded together.

2. I want to galv the lot too but there is a insert inside the b piller which has plastic tubes in for the door hinge bolts. how is this removed?!

cheers

duncan

Hi Guys

just wondering if anyone has galvanised the sill and B pillar (and C pillar) assembly on a 110.
I want to but there seem to be some bolt liners through which the door hinge bolts go through. Would I need to get them out (how?) or just go ahead as is.