Where to buy beadlock wheels??

alan kemp

No, i just need to seal the ECU :ph34r: Am very impressed with Stefans engine just the lack of go that puts me off.

My mistake for not checking the ECU, you live you learn.

I don't know if they do them to fit Volvo? but try Rock-a-thon beadlocks they are very helpful and really excellent wheels.

Jim

Thanks Jim,

My wheels are landrover pattern as I have the volvo disc conversion.

Alun, Try Niel Redpath Redpath Tyres. Just bought a set of Rock a thons from him in a 10x16 beadlock with a 3 3/4 backspace. A really nice wheel and look the same as a modular (only a lot thicker steel) so you wont get problems with stone's etc through the spokes! He had them in stock and posted them out next day delivery. think you can get them made to any backspace you want.

Its the short side i think, Ill have a look tonight and see what the damage is <_<

Is Cromo alot stronger and by using stronger shafts that will obviously put more strain on the portal gears & CV, is it not best to use a stock shaft using them as the weak link? whats the cost of the two types of shaft?

Thanks

Chris

TWO Volvo Halfshafts on one event............?

Thats a bit rare ain't? or do they break regular? I thought the whole point of 303's is that they don't break?

Suprised

Jim :)

Very rare, we both broke on the rocks although mine did'nt go bang. As the scruitineers put it after seeing all the retired cars "they were stretched on Saturday and broke on Sunday"

I have never broke one before, did a CV once but that was in a fall from a great height onto the wheel with the CV. :huh:

Jim, you need to get your order in for one of the last 2.8 TGV's before they disappear, awesome in water I believe <_<:ph34r:

Ha Ha Ha!!!!

Fancy popping a shaft on the rocks, it doesn't happen with proper axles :lol:

got to be a 6BT - suitably lightweight :P we'll see next year how the modded girly axles fair against the LS :huh: you just slept through the stages with rocks - next year fella you'll see 'em ;)

can you take some pics of Gayboys car and mail 'em down please - Im seeing him on Thursday and he's having a designer tantrum :lol:

Also should have said my tyre's are 13 inchs wide and I used them on the Tay on an 8 inch rim, they really were not happy and they seem a completely different tyre now they are on a 10 inch rim.

What diffrence has it made having a 10inch rim over an 8inch rim? Does the tyre roll less on the rim? greater width? i just want to make sure before calling devon and changing my order :)

Ive been using standard volvo rims with beadlock rings welded to the outside im guessing they add on another 1 inch, they have been ok with the iroks so far.

cant rember how wide a standard volvo 303 rim is, anyone know?

Thanks

Chris

No, you just smash portal boxes instead :P

Mmmm... 15 plus visits to kirton and i've grenaded one portal box, verses 1 trip to kirton and lots of breakages. you do the math :P

got to be a 6BT - suitably lightweight :P we'll see next year how the modded girly axles fair against the LS :huh: you just slept through the stages with rocks - next year fella you'll see 'em ;)

can you take some pics of Gayboys car and mail 'em down please - Im seeing him on Thursday and he's having a designer tantrum :lol:

Sadly the 6bt is looking favourate mainly due to a lack of availability of the 4bdt, but i have it on good advise that my t18 won't live a long and happy life behind it :(

There just doesn't seem to be any other options.

As for gayboys new heap i'll try to get some picture to super 8 before the weekend :D

What diffrence has it made having a 10inch rim over an 8inch rim? Does the tyre roll less on the rim? greater width? i just want to make sure before calling devon and changing my order :)

Ive been using standard volvo rims with beadlock rings welded to the outside im guessing they add on another 1 inch, they have been ok with the iroks so far.

cant rember how wide a standard volvo 303 rim is, anyone know?

Thanks

Chris

Chris, The tyre sits much fuller and believe it or not larger (only slightly) diameter on the 10 inch rim. Seem to get much less roll and the side wall seems to just look much better when you let the pressures down, Before they looked like they were trying to peel back over on themselves and force themselves off the rims whenever you went over a tree stump or rock, Now they just flex nicely and form to the shape of whatever your going over. They also leave a full width tread pattern behind you where as before they only left the middle bit when blown up and only the edge's when aired down (except on very soft ground obviously).

I'm really pleased with the change and wouldn't run them on 8 inch rims again, I'm sure they grip better on the 10 inch rim but that could be just my head telling me that coz the wheels were so much money.

Mmmm... 15 plus visits to kirton and i've grenaded one portal box, verses 1 trip to kirton and lots of breakages. you do the math :P

but you drive like Kim runs... :ph34r:

Sadly the 6bt is looking favourate mainly due to a lack of availability of the 4bdt, but i have it on good advise that my t18 won't live a long and happy life behind it :(

The septics have a few 4BTs, could get one hauled over? I know a man........ ;)

Saab 9-5 V6 diesel? bit light but VNTs and mondo lovely Isuzu engineering?

Spoke to many of the contacts mentioned, (thanks), some didnt reply to messages or e-mails, others did but cannot make the delivery date. Settled for as set from Niel at Redpath Tyres and they will be be here next week.

Phone Devon to order the tyres and someone beat me to it. So now I am looking for a set of 5 Boggers 37 x 13 on 16" rim without the extra £100 per tyre to cover air freight.

Spoke to many of the contacts mentioned, (thanks), some didnt reply to messages or e-mails, others did but cannot make the delivery date. Settled for as set from Niel at Redpath Tyres and they will be be here next week.

Phone Devon to order the tyres and someone beat me to it. So now I am looking for a set of 5 Boggers 37 x 13 on 16" rim without the extra £100 per tyre to cover air freight.

Good choice Alan, They really are a nice wheel and I was keen on them because they dont have the open spoke design to get stuff through and rip calipers off. (plus Niel had them in stock and it was gona be months before I could get Mach 5's)

What offset did you go for after?

I bought the standard ones as they were the quickest delivery. Will make the car 2" wider than I would have liked but the plan is to eventually fit them on a new car which will have narrower axles.

Ive recently bought a set of 15x10 Rockathons from Niel Redpath,got 35" Krawlers on em,I think When you find you still got good steering lock you will be happy with the extra offset.

The big advantage I recon over Mach 5 beadies is they were designed from the outset as a

beadlock wheel and dont leak, so no tubes to get "phantom " punctures.

Ive recently bought a set of 15x10 Rockathons from Niel Redpath,got 35" Krawlers on em,I think When you find you still got good steering lock you will be happy with the extra offset.

The big advantage I recon over Mach 5 beadies is they were designed from the outset as a

beadlock wheel and dont leak, so no tubes to get "phantom " punctures.

I'll agree that they dont leak, Put mine together without sealant, Just a bit of tyre soap and none of them leak!

Alan, As far as I know mine are std backspace which are 3 3/4" and it works really well apart from they stick out about an inch either side of my trailer! Thought you were after 3" backspace The way I understood it to work would have been a shollower inner dish and 1 1/2" wider overall, not narrower! Quite possible I could be wrong tho, The Mrs says I usually am!!!!

We always have to use sealant on Mach 5 beadlocks and then occasionally have to strip them when we find a pin hole in the welding :rolleyes:

However by contrast, i have now fitted up 6 or 7 sets of Rock-a-thons and have not had one leak yet :o

However, i do know someone that had a pin hole in one of the welds.

But by contrast as Steve says, we just use soap, no sealant, they really are very good.

We flattened the inner edge on one in Morroco and beat it out and carried on :D

Jim :)