Post up all those that have portal axles

MogLite

I can't compete at the same level as a tube-frame RR with poly-thingy body panels or even someone who trailers there vehicle to the event.

Is that a dig Sir ;)

The reasons for trailering a car to an event are many, in this case cos i could not get my tent and beer in the SV with the rest of my kit.

I would also like to point out that the SV is MY EVERY DAY car and of that i am very proud (Just drove to the three peaks and back, And earlier this year was the ONLY team to drive to the Croatia Trophy and back, including the Europeons!)

I do not know of one other driver in side the so called top twenty that can say this, so in furture please use your words wisely :P

Take off wind-up hat

Continue........... :P

F**k class systems, thats is wot ruined Comp safari, Run head to head and just enjoy the challenge, you never know just how good YOU might be....

Simon Madgwick is currently leading the AWDC series.......His motor a 'C' plate 90 200 with a 8274 and a home made cage, Oh and lockers.

Oh and before saying "OH but he can drive" He is just like YOU just a bit tubbier.....HaHa........

Cos "I" have not done a AWDC event this year i am also being branded as "Scared of losing" Oh well so be it.

It does not matter.... Nor does what axle you have.

Many of the people here moaning have more toys than he, but he enjoys himself and lets the rest come naturally.

Stop making such a big deal about everything just "GO AND DO IT" rather than talk about it.

Really the sport needs ALL of you and Some more, just not the bickering......

:P

Look Forward to seeing you AT Santas, or maybe the Ultimate, or Muddy Truckers or a europeon event perhaps?????

Thought not :rolleyes:

Just come and have some fun

All the VERY best

Jim :rolleyes:

F**k class systems, thats is wot ruined Comp safari, Run head to head and just enjoy the challenge, you never know just how good YOU might be....

Don't agree with that.

Even with the class system you still race head to head on the same course so you have the oppertunity to beat the big bucks boys as well as competing on a level playing field with those in similar spec motors. Take a look at class 6 (?? little engines) that's becoming quite competative these days.

Or take trialing you have everything from tyro/rtv via open and mods right up to super mods. Why? cos someone with an everyday motor that does rtv can not compete with the supermods, even if a flippin' good driver.

There needs to be all levels of competition from grass routes standard vehicle stuff up to the anything goes big bucks (controversial :unsure: ) and/or inovatively modified trucks. With out the events for people just starting out or of limited resources (time, skills or money) then who will be the top drivers of tomorrows modifed trucks. everyone needs to start somewhere and not be put off my feeling out of their depth.

I'm thinking about removing my rear locker so I can compete in the standard class of the AWDC challenge series next year as i don't have the resources to be competative in the modified class.

What has runied comp safari is the big bucks racers. The level of competition in all classes is getting such that newbies feel out of their depth and don't feel up to competing, worried about getting lapped and hence holding the top driver up etc. I have come across people who do have real concerns in this area are are looking for more 'grass routes' level events to start out with.

I have come across people who do have real concerns in this area are are looking for more 'grass routes' level events to start out with.

Not safaris but challenge style events, Scorpion did the novice challenge this year and it was good fun.

As long as you have not entered a challenge event previously you were elligible to enter.

I think it is going to run next year and it is based on fun and the social side just as much (or more) than the competitive spirit.

Richard

(Portal being fitted, but not a straight forward job)

My mate Chris has portals

He also has a 3dr Range....

A 5.7 chev lump.......

3spd Auto Cyrs box.......

Tracker body kit..........

MASSIVE 2inch radius arms (4link)

Hydrallic steering.....yeh yeh!

Five, forty four inch tyres :rolleyes:

A Hangover, and a complete lack of time......

And wants me to do the welding... Yeh Yeh

He also had a sex life before this project begain.................

But she's F**ked off to!

Cars, Don't you just luv them..... :rolleyes:

But....

If it is ever finished, it will be monster :P

And Banned from every event i want to enter.....Ha Ha :P:P:P:P

Hes reading this over my shoulder

Jim

Oh and Chris :huh: Hello...Eeeerrrrrr?

Even at a 'fun event' like the South Safari at Slindon that PaulW organises I can't compete at the same level as a tube-frame RR with poly-thingy body panels or even someone who trailers there vehicle to the event.

Cool! I think thats the closest i've come to flaming yet!!

Polypropylene by the way.

It seems there is a ground for every opinion here, and it seems everyone has a different opinion and taste. This is also what makes the sport more interesting. At the moment, almost everyone has a 90 with simex 35s and that same winch at the front. I think it makes the sport more interesting if someone comes up with something different so in that respect, I say let them come and show how good they are.

1 more comment:

In Malaysia, they have been using portals for donkey years; No one ever won the RFC on them though, so I suppose the solution has also disadvantages.

It seems there is a ground for every opinion here, and it seems everyone has a different opinion and taste. This is also what makes the sport more interesting. At the moment, almost everyone has a 90 with simex 35s and that same winch at the front. I think it makes the sport more interesting if someone comes up with something different so in that respect, I say let them come and show how good they are.

1 more comment:

In Malaysia, they have been using portals for donkey years; No one ever won the RFC on them though, so I suppose the solution has also disadvantages.

OK, I'd agree with Daan here. I don't think portals are a fit and forget, head straight to GO, collect £400 and win the first event you enter solution. In some cases I think they're awesome but in some they're not ideal. My thought on this is that if event organisers don't want people running portals or huge tyres then they need to take away some of their advantages (like have some speed sections and make some of the punches VERY tight on sideslopes) rather than a blanket ban. That way it still gives people the choice. I will play arround with portals at some point basicly beacuse I'm curious to see if I can make them work.

One other thing to think about; The OBC, one of the most respected events in the world, bans portals and tyres above 36"s.

Sorry its further OT but I thought it might spice things up a bit more.

P.S. Jim, I'd agree with you about driving to an event; if you've got to drive home I think it makes you drive better as you have to think about what you're doing rather than diving in head first. Although I don't really use my 90 as a daily any more I still take it out at least once a week as it makes me smile when I drive it and it stops me finding any nasty suprises the day before an event.

Dobry Vecer, moje auto je Land Rover S3 Hybrid. Pracuji pro Skodu Motosport. Cesky moc neumim, jsem Holandan, co tak anglicky, nemecky ?

Hey - have you two been at the beers tonight?

Also, Will:

"P.S. Jim, I'd agree with you about driving to an event; if you've got to drive home I think it makes you drive better as you have to think about what you're doing rather than diving in head first."

... you've never done an event with Jim have you? He's NUTS!

Hey - have you two been at the beers tonight?

Also, Will:

"P.S. Jim, I'd agree with you about driving to an event; if you've got to drive home I think it makes you drive better as you have to think about what you're doing rather than diving in head first."

... you've never done an event with Jim have you? He's NUTS!

Coming from you that really says something! Does the AA recover from Crotia, then? ;):D

Dobry Vecer, moje auto je Land Rover S3 Hybrid. Pracuji pro Skodu Motosport. Cesky moc neumim, jsem Holandan, co tak anglicky, nemecky ?

Nieviem Nemecky Daan, som Anglican! moja manzeka Slovenka, moj stary navigator je Holandan! - Skodu a dobry auto :-) moja manzelka ma tiez S3 Hybrid na portal - Anglicky Landrover ludia nemaju predstavy :D

pod sa pohrat do Tatier?

ti gavaryis pa Russki? :D