Ignition Leads

chrispy

Afternoon all,

the title really says it all. The time has come to renew my aging HT leads and I was wondering which ones I should replace them with. A set of Bosch ones from Halfrauds or something else? Any recommendations would be gratefully received... Oh and it's a 1992, 3.9 V8...

Thanks,

Chris

On a budget, use genuine ones (Bosch / Lucas I believe, Bosch being preferable due to not being Lucas :lol: )

If you've got more cash to splash, Magnecor are superb - but then they blummin' better be for the money!

Avoid bling ones with lots of advertising / claims of massive BHP increases, they're usually b*ll*cks.

Read on the RPI site (usually with a pinch of salt :) ) that you shouldn't use resistive HT leads with resistive plugs.

The Land Rover Originals that I have borrowed from HfH have no mention of being resistive whereas the others I have (aftermarket) do.

If the RPI spin is correct and I have understood it correctly then if you have NGK BPRES then you need non resistive leads. If no R in the plug then you are OK with either.

I would wait until a grown up confirms this before basing any decision on it :lol: (I would be interested to know as well).

Read on the RPI site (usually with a pinch of salt :) ) that you shouldn't use resistive HT leads with resistive plugs.

That is correct - non-resistive with resistive which ever way around.

I used Fastlane Auto (on the web) - good leads at a good price. In my experience much better than Halfrauds Bosch and they replaced a dodgy set of Lucas which were no longer recommended as a replacement by my local Lucas dealer due to too many complaints! I think the Lucas had better sealing plug caps but you can't have everything without spending £stupid.

AndyG