Morocco trip

JJensen

See roof rack = sunk in sand :P

The Disco was completely empty at that point, as we had dumped everything at the campsite, I doubt we were carrying much over 150kg of cargo in total, and that includes the roof tent/ high lift...

it was stuck because;

A. I'm a carp sand driver

B. the ground opened up and swallowed it

C. I'm a carp sand driver

:rolleyes::P

it was stuck because;

A. I'm a carp sand driver

B. the ground opened up and swallowed it

C. I'm a carp sand driver

:rolleyes::P

My first time in the dunes was not without incident, but you gotta try and it all ended happily. For those who don't know the answer is to point down hill as soon as things start to get hairy (go faster sometimes works too as an advanced technique, but you are a bit power poor in a 300tdi)

post-2315-1191657087_thumb.jpg

4x4s? We don't need no stinking 4x4s? :P

uno1%20(Small).jpg

Seriously though I'd suggest two vehicles, cos then you can always sort yourself out if you get into trouble. Local guides will probably start presenting themselves when you get to Tangier (if that's the route you're taking), but I don't know if there'd be much point in organising with a tour company from here, as it is fairly accesible.

Ben, There was a meeting before the trip, but i didn't go as i had something else on... it was at a certain castle in Northamptonshire though...

I'm interested now Ben, what was your trip like?

I always get confused on that place, but yeah, Barny Rubble and Ham.....

The trip.......bout the same as yours by the sound of it!

We had the "pleasure" of both father and son for most of the trip, although they kept going off to do a recce for the comp that was running the week after we left (nothing like forward planning eh?) The kept the pace brisk and didn't really do much except lead the convoy.

Each day was filled with driving, driving and oh, more driving and included very little in the way of R'n'R.

The back up was none existant - He stayed in his white 110 am much as possible, so much so that I ended up changing the alt on one of the trucks otherwise it would have been left at the Nomad Palace.....

Still, it was a great first trip, and I am raring to go back, just not with them. I ahve booked onto a Corsica trip with Atlas for next year and am really looking forward to a more relaxed trip.

yep, same mob Ben, sounds like you were on the trip after us...

and sounds like it was much the same, I've got no complaints about the mechanical back-up though, as he was very helpfull, knew his stuff and had a replacement Alternator in stock when mine failed in Zagora..

you live and learn eh?

yep, same mob Ben, sounds like you were on the trip after us...

and sounds like it was much the same, I've got no complaints about the mechanical back-up though, as he was very helpfull, knew his stuff and had a replacement Alternator in stock when mine failed in Zagora..

you live and learn eh?

You do indeed.........!