Winding Stairs

jimfoo

I'd never been on anything quite like this trail. One almost continuous obstacle from mild to eek.gif We had 7 Rovers, ranging from my 1966 88" to an LR3 (Series 3 Disco) All pics and video are here: http://forum.solihullsociety.org/cphoto/th...s.php?album=297 but here are a few of them.

PICT1272~0.JPG

Bent gutters and roof rack.

PICT1288~0.JPG

Log through passenger window.

PICT1289.JPG

Lots of air

PICT1335.JPG

Lots of ruts.

normal_PICT1336.JPG

Brown trouser moments.

That all looks ace!

Is this on greenlanes (by which I mean public, unsurfaced roads), private land or some state provided vehicle recreation area? If the latter, does one need any special permits etc. to drive?

Thanks

Chris

That all looks ace!

Is this on greenlanes (by which I mean public, unsurfaced roads), private land or some state provided vehicle recreation area? If the latter, does one need any special permits etc. to drive?

Thanks

Chris

It is on what you would consider a greenlane. It is a trail in the National Forest, of which there are a lot in Colorado, though they are always trying to close them down. This area is mostly for motorcycles and atvs, though there are roads for larger vehicles as well. It is probably a v from the motorcycles. No permit required for any licensed vehicle to drive on the trails. google map Is what it looks like in Google

Shame the weather was so poor :P ( It's an English thing )

Colorado is luckily one of the sunniest states with at least 300 days with one hour or more of sunshine per year. Luckily it wasn't typical English weather or I doubt we could have done this trail as it is hard enough when dry.

• 2 weeks later...