Does Cillit Bang work on rusty screws?

ThreeSheds

If it's not suitable for copper then why is !!!!!!!!BARRY SCOTT!!!!!!!!! cleaning pennies on the ad. Well yeah I know pennies aren't completely copper but still! :lol:

Cleaning and "removing the surface of" may look similar but are not neccesarily the same. A nice strong solution of sulphuric acid cleans metal parts ... unless you pickle them too long and they dissolve. :D Or concentrated chilli oil ... which I've found can etch stainless steel knives :angry:

AndyG

Or concentrated chilli oil ... which I've found can etch stainless steel knives :angry:

I've got some strong chilli sauce which will dissolve stainless steel if you leave it on it (well, it used to - bit old and lost it's strength, so I'm not sure it would any more). We used to challenge people to dip a skewer in it and lick it off - if you left any on the skewer it would eat the end away! Wonder what it does to your guts :blink:

Strangely my old dog was rather fond of the stuff!

Strangely my old dog was rather fond of the stuff!

There has to be a joke in there somewhere about your previous choice of lady friend...... ;)

I'm sure Nige or Fridge will sort it all out....

Coat on, door closing......

I've got some strong chilli sauce which will dissolve stainless steel if you leave it on it (well, it used to - bit old and lost it's strength, so I'm not sure it would any more).

Sounds like 'Dave's Insanity Sauce' which has created many a merry moment for me rather than the poor blighter who takes the challenge of trying it!

AndyG