Forums " Bloody nice bloke" awards

jules

some of us moaned about some of the members and this is a post for the members that have for no reward gone out of there way to help other forum members and not expected anything in return.

Last night I was busy pluming in the ARB air lines for my LSE and some of mine over the years have become damaged beyond bodge-able repair so I emailed Frogs to send me some down for the weekend so I could go playing on Sunday at Bunny lane.

After watching the News of a pending posty strike I had to think of a alternative.

I then remembered that Will said if you need anything from there let me know and I will pick it up for you.

Today is Shires club night so I tex him last night and got a tex back saying "yep no worries"

He went in today but they are out of stock till after the weekend so after going down lots of routes with frog he realised he has the parts I need on the shelf and his truck is not ready for them to be fitted (no comments please :P ) so he is bringing the parts I need down for me tonight so I can go playing on Sunday which means he will have to re-order all the bits and bobs to get his truck sorted later.

He did all of this today while I was uncontactable so I phoned him after my coarse to find he had sorted everything out I needed and offered then to me for less than he paid for them which I insisted on paying for the replacements but I think that makes Mr Will Warn a good candidate for being a "Bloody Nice Bloke"

Also for being the brunt of many unfinished truck jokes should also go in his favour :lol:

Agreed - he sure gets the rough end of it (partly from me and the odd photograph... :P ), but takes it all well and is still enthusiastic and friendly - nice guy.

In reality of course, I'm just afraid his vapour is more solid than my own... :ph34r:

Lets buy him a pint from the forum pot?

Cheers, Al.

:)

Seeing as how he's a soft southerner - it'll only be a pint of shandy :D

Les. :)

easy Les us southerner's can drink a few panda shandys i tell ya, you think you could hack the pace :P and nice to see people helping peeps out :D

Yep..

Wills a nice guy,

He may have some odd ideas which move around in one direction to another about how a LR could be modified / put together / made using werid parts and ideas but he has always like messing about with things.

However, some Good news and Bad though now :(

The bad news is Wills dog has gone missing, he bred it personally and I hear was very upset when it escaped

The Good news Will is

I've found your dog Will

30.jpg

Nige :P

Given that your vapour build seems to extend to vapour tools I'd say Will's ahead.

Don't you know nuffink?! You can't build a vapour truck without vapour tools!?!

Imperial nut? Imperial spanner.

Metric nut? Metric spanner.

Other nuts? Metric spanner and a large hammer.

Vapour nut? Vapour spanner.

Easy.

Geoff - I tried to take a photo, but all you get is glare when the flash reflects off the vapour-bling... :rolleyes:

[Er, anyway, wot vapour tools...? - Only the CNC plasma project, right?]

Al. :rolleyes:

[Er, anyway, wot vapour tools...? - Only the CNC plasma project, right?]

How about:

"I've got a lathe but haven't managed to plug it in yet"

"I've got a Mog to chase parts with but it's broken"

"I need to buy tyres for a vehicle that doesn't exist yet"

:P

"I've got a lathe but haven't managed to plug it in yet"

I'm trying to be green and use less electricity - we must consider the environment you know!

"I've got a Mog to chase parts with but it's broken"

I wouldn't say 'broken', more 'vomit lime-green and mega-bright yellow'. Amounts to the same thing I guess...

"I need to buy tyres for a vehicle that doesn't exist yet"

The tyres are for the Mog dude!? If that doesn't exist why do I have to wear a welding mask for eye protection when I open the garage door?

Is it tuesday or something...?

Al. :rolleyes:

P.S. Be glad I'm here to deflect the flak, Will! :)

Guys, you make me blush. It was nothing really - Frogs is only a couple of miles away and what Jules hasn't mentioned is the HD airline kit I gave him had sat in the bottom of my in truck tool kit for about 3 years and, although brand new, looked distinctly second hand.

Nige, I think its time to speak to the doctor again; you're prescription is way too weak :lol:

Will gets my vote - for what it's worth.

Everyone takes the p**s a bit - but he's one of the few people on here who I think genuinely thinks 'outside the envelope'. Not every idea is good - but at least he has them and I respect him for posting them.

Si