would you use these joints???

T1G UP

I bought a job lot of 3/4 rod ends from McGill a couple of years ago. Obviously they are cheap but the radial load rating is high. I was a little concerned when they arrived and were unstamped so the rating could not be checked, particularly as visually they didn't appear to be that well made.

Anyway my concerns were confirmed when one broke, the outer steel ring snapped, leaving the centre ball to come free.

This is just down to my perception rather than a controlled test, but I have gone back to buying better quality joints, with zero failure.

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously,being a minge bag, i'll give the cheap and nasties a try.

I don't drive my RR very far on road,dirty nasty thing :D, and it's getting lighter,manily due to twatting the transfer case at the last awdc event, and so the loadings will be less.

The Jonny joints look the business but @ £37 a pop thats alot of dough.

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously,being a minge bag, i'll give the cheap and nasties a try.

I don't drive my RR very far on road,dirty nasty thing :D, and it's getting lighter,manily due to twatting the transfer case at the last awdc event, and so the loadings will be less.

The Jonny joints look the business but @ £37 a pop thats alot of dough.

Fair comment, a broken steering/suspension joint should be good for about 6 foot on the road.