Insurance - who's good?

davie

:( Searching round to get new insurers for my 90 currently as the people i was with - Fortis through Kwik Fit wont insure me anymore cause i added a winch to it - apparently it then becomes a commercial deal and they dont do that!!!!!!!!!!!

So with kwik fit i was paying around £300 per year and now i am getting qoutes ranging from £900 to £1700, all cause i have modified the car a lil

Rock slider

Winch bumper

Winch

Chequer plate wing tops

Rear work lights

swingaway wheel carrier on rear

2 inch lift

I mean honestly is that too bad to insure.............................................

Anyone know some sensible companies?

Davie

I use snowball / Secure Direct all mods covered and they seem to know one end of a 90 from a Simex :)

I did get a cheaper Quote form Adrian Flux but they then proceeded to F me about non stop until I lost my rag and exploded at them, introduced them to Anglo Saxon and went back to Snowball who when I told them sniggered down the phone :lol:

Nige

Almost afraid to ask how much that membership could cost? or maybe i am just getting paranoid since each time i speak to somebody today its getting more expensive!

Am waiting on NFU calling me back tommorow because when i spoke to them today with list of mods they had to refer to underwriters to see what price would be - at least they didnt run away as soon as i mentioned modified.

Whats the deal with the countryside membership?

Cheers

Davie

Tried to get a qoute online from Snowball today - popped up through confused.com or something else like that,,,looked at so many today but their online qoute didnt work - waiting on them opening tommorow to speak to them.

Oh oh not sure i like sound of adrian flux rant - they were my cheapest qoute today!

Getting more nervous now

Davie

NFU but you will have to join their Countryside membership

I've been with NFU for 7or 8 years and never been asked for any sort of membership.

Both my vehicles insured with them are modified and were insured without any problems, not had to make a claim yet though (touchwood !)

I've been with NFU for 7or 8 years and never been asked for any sort of membership.

Me neither.

Technically, you're always a member of the NFU if you have a policy with them, as they're a co-operative (building society type setup). In practice, the only difference it seems to make is that you get to vote at the AGM if you want to.

i was NFU with my series, went with CIS at first, Co_op but once i modified it they said they couldn't continue the policy but i have never had a problem with nfu and all our farm and contract business is with them who we make clames to quite often and had no issues, you may pay a little extra to be with them but then you get what you pay for in life, very little hassle at all and local offices as well which makes it alot easier, policies with in 20 mins if your in a rush and can pick it up!!!

James