winching at the disco!

jameslwt

Nothing to do with other post about winches and ground clearance etc...

Best winch for a disco 1? Not silly money as would only be used for playdays/greenlaning etc. No comps.

Have narrowed it down to either a:

EP9 (although slightly more ££££££)

T-MAX Outback 9500

Come up (I think DS 9.5)

Which one would you choose?

Alternatively, what does everyone think of the Champion, stuff, and also how does the other T-MAX stuff rate compared to this new Outback range? Or is there another one to consider etc?

Have looked through a lot of old posts on here, and all the above are recommended, but trying to narrow it down even more.

Thanks

IMHO your money is best saved rather than buying a champion. No experience of the othert budget winches but if it was me I would be looking to buy a good second hand husky or the like. They seem to come up quite ofter on here or Devon4x4 as challenge boys upgrade to 8274s. At least then you know the thing will work when you need it. I have seen 3 champions break the first of second time they were used in anger...... OK they replace them no quibble but kind of defeats the object unless you only want something for show

The EP is excellent

The T-max is only slightly less excellent than the EP due to an internal brake

The Champion range has some very good winches in but they are heavy and soooooooo slow as to make a Husky look quick. The cheaper champions are just that, cheap...

Yer pays yer money and you gets yer choice. Except for Warn where you pay shed loads of money for very little but still get your choice

james u know what my vote is... prob one the best buys for my truck

Comeup DV9000

and it works all day every day... sure u have to change the solenoids to an albright one :rolleyes:

but apart from the solenoid pack its the same as and EP superwinch all the parts are the same just a different color....

james u know what my vote is... prob one the best buys for my truck

Comeup DV9000

and it works all day every day... sure u have to change the solenoids to an albright one :rolleyes:

but apart from the solenoid pack its the same as and EP superwinch all the parts are the same just a different color....

Paul......did you get your bumper from Paidia 4x4 as well as the winch> Had a look at their website but could not see a disco bumper.

And where did you get your plasma from?

Just got to point this out. There are quite a few small improvements on the EP compared to the comeup; just little odds and sods but definately there. The ComeUp has been used as the base for about 8 or 9 'own brand' winches like the EP and as such could be called the father of modern light weight winches.

I have been stripping a comeup I recently purchased for a mate and comapring it side by side with an EPi that I am fixing for a chap in the village (wired up by a fool!).

Back to the T-max. The Outback version in 9.5k form is the best VFM on the market at the moment

Back to the T-max. The Outback version in 9.5k form is the best VFM on the market at the moment

Thats good to know as i have just bought one. And at first i was very nervous about the purchase as this was at the top end of my budget (bless being married :rolleyes: ) so will be wiring it in tonight let's hope it's as good as i have heard :D