Where to Site a CD Changer?

EdF

Just bought a new CD changer for the 90's C42 radio/cassette. Anyone have a good place to hide it? Incidentally, it was £20 plus vat & carriage from Brookwells http://www.brookwell.co.uk/acatalog/philip...-head-unit.html Okay, it's listed as for a Freelander, but how much different can it be?

If I told you where mine is I would have to kill you!

Cubby box is a good location if you have one.

Preferably lockable so you can store your CD cassettes.

Easy to change cassettes under way if they are by your elbow.

Make sure you have the correct connection cable between head unit and CD changer.

If your head unit is in the dash area you may need a longer cable if you locate the CD changer elsewhere.

John

Would you hit me if I said throw it away and buy an MP3 player that uses USB memory sticks? I've just done that and I am completely converted, no skipping, I can have far more than six CD's worth of music (currently got about eight CD's worth on a half-full 2GB stick). Def 90's are rough little b&&&&s at the best of times and CD players do skip however good they are.

Would you hit me if I said throw it away and buy an MP3 player that uses USB memory sticks? I've just done that and I am completely converted, no skipping, I can have far more than six CD's worth of music (currently got about eight CD's worth on a half-full 2GB stick). Def 90's are rough little b&&&&s at the best of times and CD players do skip however good they are.

Hi Bog,

This is what I had in mind for tunes when I get my restoration completed (read as two years time :D ) what do you use and what do you have in the way of speakers etc?

Im not an ICE head by any means as anything would be better than the one door speaker on my Disco :rolleyes: , however.....

..........two to four speakers would be nice and I notice lasalle do a head lining with speaker options above the door pillar.

Sorry about the very small hijack of this thread.... :blush:

Cheers

G

With apologies in advance for the continuation of thread-jacking....

I have changed the "Tescos" LR front speakers for a set of much better Kenwoods (for much better read about 30 or 40 quid!) and have a set of Pioneer TS44 box speakers which will shortly be going in the back, they aren't great but do provide a more even sound through the vehicle. There's a thread elsewhere on here about rear speaker locations with some photos of one of my old 90's showing the rear speakers - follow this link

To get back on topic, the 90 I used to have came with a changer mounted behind the drivers seat on the metal bulkhead but it broke so I threw it away.

I'd put it in or behind the cubby box, or on the rear side of the centre bulkhead, if it has one?

Our 90 has 2 smallish Pioneer speakers in the headlining by the driver and passenger ears, 2 6x9's in the top rear corners facing forwards on a shelf and a bass tube in the rear tub against the bulkhead. The 6x9's and bass tube are driven by an amp mounted behind one of the rear inwards-facing seats, though Jonathans found that when it rains it gets very wet there so might have to move it. It used to be behind the drivers seat on the rear tub side of the bulkhead and survived fine there but now the roll bar is in the way. Just has a CD/MP3 CD player in the dash which has never really skipped. It's certainly loud enough to be heard over everything else :lol:

Richard

I also agree with ditching it, i bought a stereo from aldi for £50 it plays mp3 discs which will hold about 11 albums on it, also plays normal cd`s , has a usb socket for your mp3 player and also a memory card slot. How many options could you possibally need?.

Foxminer.