Warn 8274 2 motor adaptor

reads90

This is the very successful "Wazza" conversions and has/had a lot of fans in Aus.

Many of Aussies top teams have been using this set up for some time with great effect.

However a great many users have switched in recent months to the Gigglepin top housing due to the fact that the internals are upgraded and different ratios are available unlike the Wazza unit that only allows the fitment of two motors.

I do know of one mad man that is (apperently) using one of the Gigglepin top housing and the Wazza system giving the user FOUR motors :lol: which is fantasticly mad

The Aussies love electric winches for there events and as a result All the twin motor units do very well down under, heres a selection of our results this year.

Outback Challenge 2007

2nd and 3rd

Atetco Challenge 2007

1st 4th and 6th (Intrestingly on this one, the guys that came 2nd and 3rd were both using the Wazza system and have since changed to the Gigglepin unit)

Alpine Challenge 2007

1st 2nd 3rd 4th (we did so well on this we actually took six of the top eight positions :D )

Still not sure of the results from the only other major event down under the 'XI eight days of magic' but last i heard we had two in the top 5? But again i am not sure?

The Wazza unit is a nice pice of kit for those looking for a quick twin motor solution that utilises the existing winch and is very effective. I am suprised not to see them over here :)

Jim :)

PS: Luke, i have not heard of anyone breaking a casing on there winch using a Wazza unit or another for that mater ?

They support the wieght of the motors and this stops any problems from occuring.

PS: Luke, i have not heard of anyone breaking a casing on there winch using a Wazza unit or another for that mater ?

They support the wieght of the motors and this stops any problems from occuring.

Looking at the picture, there doesn't appear to be any other bracing for the 2nd motor. Given that motors aren't light, and there's a significant moment on that second motor now, I'd be interested to see if there's any long term fatigue problems. I guess if the aussies have been running them for a while they'd know by now.

Looking at the picture, there doesn't appear to be any other bracing for the 2nd motor. Given that motors aren't light, and there's a significant moment on that second motor now, I'd be interested to see if there's any long term fatigue problems. I guess if the aussies have been running them for a while they'd know by now.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: seeing as the pic is off the vehicle, I would say that kind of explains why there is no support. People would make up their own support bracket to suit their own install and winch bumper requirements.

Or maybe they just have a bit of rope tied around the 2nd motor and it feeds through the drivers window for the driver to hold. I'd reckon that would work too! ;);)

btw - if you look closely in 3rd pic (and 1st too) a motor support is visible :rolleyes:

Cheers

Steve

That'd be total insinity but it'd pull well :lol:

Out of interest how do the 2 motors connect together? I can't see how the outer motor would attach to the inner motor shaft.

They do wider drums as well

Winch_Drum_03.jpg

Extended (315 mm) Drum. Allows either the use of additional rope or reduced layers on the drum. By reducing the number of layers, the risk of bunching is reduced.

Standard drum width is 215 mm (8.5"), our extended 315 mm drum offers 46% more drum width. So you can run almost 50% more rope than standard.

70 mm diameter drum spool. Increases torque force and power. Increases the effective pulling power of the winch under high load conditions.

Standard drum diameter is 90 mm (3.5"), ours is 70mm. Improvement in torque or additional rope capacity, you choose.

Consider running a stronger rope, and reasonable amount of rope. That way, you get good winching distance, and rope strength that wont break.

With this setup, you can safely run 40-50 m of 12mm Amsteel synthetic rope.

Freespool (see freespool menu for further details).

Freespooling Winch Drum

315 mm wide drum.

70 mm diameter drum spool.

Will fit 50m of 12mm winch rope. We recommend and stock Amsteel rope.

Pneumatic operation.

Adjustable drag brake.

Disengages drum from the drive, allowing fast removal of the rope from the drum. Improve your winching speed by removing the need to power out the cable.

Freespool_03.jpg

Freespool_04.jpg

Pics on a truck . This is surported

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0001.JPG

Guest diesel_jim

Nice engineering and all that, but why not just buy a bigger winch?????

It's like spending £££thousands on an old 3.5 carb V8 to get 250bhp..... just buy a 4.6 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice engineering and all that, but why not just buy a bigger winch?????

It's like spending £££thousands on an old 3.5 carb V8 to get 250bhp..... just buy a 4.6 :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Jim, thats like saying "why mod a 110 when you could just buy a Land Cruiser" :)

Each to their own

jim had a very neat motor support on his rear winch up in the tay challange , all very nicely tig welded to the end plate on the drum , well i think it was you wasnt it jim ?

jim had a very neat motor support on his rear winch up in the tay challange , all very nicely tig welded to the end plate on the drum , well i think it was you wasnt it jim ?

You mean Jim's pre twin motor front winch. Yes, the motor support is rather nice :wub:

Yes, it was mine.

I will be honest now. we do not fit a support to the new twinmotor housings, we let the winch motors dangle and as of yet ,have yet to suffer any problems, includuing the harsh jumping and impacts that where substained in Morroco.

The only lower casing i have seen damaged is by a gentleman that hit a tree :rolleyes: Not much i can do about that.

The winch on the rear has a rather lovely bow2 fitted and that does stress the Standard top housing, hence the support.

We have done this for several people, unfortunately i do need the whole winch to do it :(

Ps: It is lovely isn't it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your interesting chit chat in regards to my twin motor setup and yes, the 2nd motor is definitely well supported.

They have proven their reliability and strength for a few years now.

They have won many competitions and I have only really released the adapter to the public in the last few months, (when I started my own Fabrication Business). 'Till then, the adapter was only on 3 well known competition trucks.

The two twin motor setups (Gigglepin and Flamin Fabrications Adapter) have brought the Winch Challenge Competitions to the next level, which is great to see!

Cheers

Wazza B)

This is the very successful "Wazza" conversions and has/had a lot of fans in Aus.

Many of Aussies top teams have been using this set up for some time with great effect.

However a great many users have switched in recent months to the Gigglepin top housing due to the fact that the internals are upgraded and different ratios are available unlike the Wazza unit that only allows the fitment of two motors.

I do know of one mad man that is (apperently) using one of the Gigglepin top housing and the Wazza system giving the user FOUR motors :lol: which is fantasticly mad

The Aussies love electric winches for there events and as a result All the twin motor units do very well down under, heres a selection of our results this year.

Outback Challenge 2007

2nd and 3rd

Atetco Challenge 2007

1st 4th and 6th (Intrestingly on this one, the guys that came 2nd and 3rd were both using the Wazza system and have since changed to the Gigglepin unit)

Alpine Challenge 2007

1st 2nd 3rd 4th (we did so well on this we actually took six of the top eight positions :D )

Still not sure of the results from the only other major event down under the 'XI eight days of magic' but last i heard we had two in the top 5? But again i am not sure?

The Wazza unit is a nice pice of kit for those looking for a quick twin motor solution that utilises the existing winch and is very effective. I am suprised not to see them over here :)

Do they do uprated water proofed ECUs

• 4 weeks later...