Malvern Show ?

Smokydiesel

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, used to pop round the “old place†from time to time but it’s

a bit quiet over there at the moment so……

Talking about “over thereâ€, is anyone going to the Malvern show at the end of this month ?

Me and my girl friend went to Billing this year and I used to go to Peterborough for the last 3 years. Wonder if this show is going to match the Billing atmosphere………naaaah can’t be, can it ??

Anyway, I’m bored stiff here at work so please talk to me before I fall a sleep !! :blink:

Edwin.

It's a long way from here in Lancashire. Otherwise I'd be going. Used to go to skool in Malvern too....

Hi Ben,

Any idea what the scenery is like around Malvern ? any good for a day of sightseeing in case my girlfriend gets bored with 3 days of "only" land Rovers spares... :)

Minivin, hope you will make it !!

Well Malvern is a lovely Victorian spa town, nestling on the slopes of the Malvern hills. There's plenty of the traditional stuff you'd expect, taking the water, the Winter Gardens and so on. If your GF is a walker, the hills offer a short sharp area for walking being steep and compact with lovely scenery. If she's into culture she could visit the grave of Edward Elgar at St Wulstan's church in Little malvern (my boarding school was the big house next door). There's an old abbey at Malvern Wells and a spectacular Roman fort at the southern end of the hills, known as the Herefordshire Beacon, the corresponding Worcestershire Beacon being the highest point at the northern end. Walking from one to the other is pretty strenuous as it's up and down all the way; she could get a bus back. I haven't been there for donkey's so I expect there's a lot more than that if she contacts the towerist office.