bonnet spade holders

tedsmart

Guest diesel_jim
Hi, can anyone steer me in the direction of a online shop that sells the attachments for carrying a spade & pick on the wing tops?

Thanks Ted

Fling an email to Steve at the ex military land rover association they'll probably be able to point you in the right direction, or even supply them.

you can buy them from genuine parts, but they're hellishly expensive.

PM me your email address, i'll send over the list of bits you need for a wold XD bonnet (thats what i've got on my 90) and some piccies.

post-130-1192171824_thumb.jpg

Fling an email to Steve at the ex military land rover association they'll probably be able to point you in the right direction, or even supply them.

you can buy them from genuine parts, but they're hellishly expensive.

PM me your email address, i'll send over the list of bits you need for a wold XD bonnet (thats what i've got on my 90) and some piccies.

post-130-1192171824_thumb.jpg

why two snorkels and the arctic heater intake cover also. what does snorkel number 2 supply air to?

Guest diesel_jim
why two snorkels and the arctic heater intake cover also. what does snorkel number 2 supply air to?

Arctic heater intake: keeps poo out of the heater... water etc no longer causes the heater to mist up (especially if you ford a deep river) and it stops mud getting washed down the heater duct into the motor (i had one sieze up years back as it was full of chalk!)

twin snorkels: got a large intercooler and (had) the boost cranked up to about 24psi, i found that one snorkel strangled the engine too much (they're not the larger diameter td5 ones) so i stuck two on. engine now breathes as if there is no snorkel on at all.

however, i'm getting rid of the 90 now (swapping it with a mate) and a while back i turned the boost back down (just to stop the black smoke that came with the extra fuelling, and i felt rather sorry for the standard turbo) so i took one of the snorkels off.

They both route back to the air filter box. i just cut another hole in one and welded on a piece of pipe (Same as the "standard" inlet pipe) to connect the flexi hose to.

i've got the filter in the garage if you want some piccies? you can have it for £20.