J33P Drive Round Day

JST

got a NATO hitch here Jim if you want to borrow it.

that would be good- i have a pair of them to go on the challenge truck but i think they are both down with Ivor in Newton Poppleford- not much use when i need them up here!

are you down this way this week at any point? i could swap you the NATO hitch for a couple of punches (not much of a deal i know, but it's the best you're going to get)

Well hopefully we will have a good day, at least the weather is set to be good, my betting goes on

firstly pugwash not seeing this until we get back (i hope)

secondly Pugwash gets stuck the most

thirdly Pugwash does something memorable

oh you're definitely going in the river now

you two lost your first bet anyway- i have fitted the tow hitch and i HAVE bought a bridle so sod the both of you :P

at least i won't get lost James, and Tim, i do remember the last time i went on a DRD test route with you you got a bit stuck on a tree stump, so i don't think either of your have pisstaking rights yet :D:P

so i don't think either of your have pisstaking rights yet :D:P

Think you will agreed ,, now we do Jim

Definitely a Laugh :lol:

but full credit, did all the stuff, where it was wide enough to fit !! and am sure the t-cut will bring out most of the damage :o

that must be pretty good T-Cut, and i believe i am right with the panel bet at the start of the day!

All credit to Jim he did the lot as Tim says ^^^ and the cruiser, did bloody well, if only it had been on MTs. Well done Jim.

A great day out with plenty to do, it was just a shame as a J33p day that only on jeep turned up. But then Chris did bloody well and although i hate to say it proved the jeeps are bloody capable. the Wellington DRD has alot of side slopes and the jeep was certainly very sure footed on them.

Anyway some pics to keep you amused:

J33PDRD20Oct07LineUpSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07RedbendescentQuarrySm.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07PuggytestingSmall.jpg

X-axle not a strong jeep strait!

J33PDRD20Oct07ChrisstuckSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07PuggygoinginSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07DavidsdropwiresSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07DavidbogrunSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07ChrisnotcomingoutSmal.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07overshegoesSmall.jpg

we only left him for two mins!

J33PDRD20Oct07PuggyStuckSmall.jpg

J33PDRD20Oct07chrisBogrunSmall.jpg

err

after today i think we do

[pulls up a chair. opens some more pop and another packet of popcorn]

Tell us more James .............. this looks to be some serious pi$$ takinf ammo ...................

I should have come up with you guys today ............ the folk i entertained took one look at the tidal road and considered it too dangerous :rolleyes: ........ FFS its a bloody road :angry: ! all you have to do is stay between the markers, unless you are called Jase !.............. they wouldn't even hop in with me to show them its OK .....

:)

Ian

[pulls up a chair. opens some more pop and another packet of popcorn]

Tell us more James .............. this looks to be some serious pi$$ takinf ammo ...................

I should have come up with you guys today ............ the folk i entertained took one look at the tidal road and considered it too dangerous :rolleyes: ........ FFS its a bloody road :angry: ! all you have to do is stay between the markers, unless you are called Jase !.............. they wouldn't even hop in with me to show them its OK .....

:)

Ian

:lol::lol: Scary moment that Ian , A right ole brown trousers moment , The missus was screaming get out , the kids were screaming Go on dad .

really good day- great company (apart from the organiser of course :P ) and some really good routes- a mix of stuff to mildly test tricked up vehicles whilst not destroying standard cars that works really well.

pity we didn't see more of the jeep boys- Chris (in the blue jeep) has a lovely and very very capable truck and it would have been nice to see a few more of them.

I would like to point out that I wasn't the only person to get stuck- James' truck got very very stuck at one point (as he sent the driver- his dad- into the biggest steepest hole in the site- with the immortal words- "just give it some welly"- i don't expect i will ever see a 90 trying to go such a good impression of a submarine ever again), as did Tim's so that made me feel a bit better. i WAS the only person to get completely stuck on what was effecitvely a flat bit of land (if not a wee bit tight) but i didn't realy get stuck anywhere else, at least not somewhere that no one else could have avoided. Some 35" MTs, a 2" lift, and some rock sliders would make that land cruiser into a seriously capable truck- it drove a lot of places that 3 tonnes of japans finest metal really shouldn't be able to get to. it was only really let down by it's width and the driver (and the drivers width?)!

Chris- it was most enjoyable driving round something that is roughly caravan sized off road- lockers front and rear will get a truck a very very long distance without any other nod towards off road prep.

looking forward to seven sisters and another DRD with james at some point!