Bonnet net

pux

A neat solution I've seen is to have two rows of holes down each side of the bonnet - say four each side with the rows running front to back. Each hole has a rubber gromet in it. Then some shock cord is run between the holes on each side, so you end up with four rows of shock cord going from left to right across the bonnet. I'd put some chequerplate underneath to stop scratched bonnet syndrome.

It can be as large as you like that way, and cheap as chips - the shock cord is about £1 per metre.

Lots of the modern hatchbacks have a net on the boot floor

Have a look in a scrapie - or eBay

Cheers Broonie for the email you have one back B) and the modern hatch back route i have tried, as when my disco got hit by a nice truck driver :rolleyes: i was loaned a KIA Sorento thingy which had a nice luggage net, needless to say i lost it when handing back the hire car :o :o The problem being with them they are too slim.

but thanks anyhow i think broonie has the answer :D

A neat solution I've seen is to have two rows of holes down each side of the bonnet - say four each side with the rows running front to back. Each hole has a rubber gromet in it. Then some shock cord is run between the holes on each side, so you end up with four rows of shock cord going from left to right across the bonnet. I'd put some chequerplate underneath to stop scratched bonnet syndrome.

It can be as large as you like that way, and cheap as chips - the shock cord is about £1 per metre.

That sounds like a good idea but I can't quite visualise what you mean. Could you try and explain it in simpler terms for me please? Sorry. :huh:

That sounds like a good idea but I can't quite visualise what you mean. Could you try and explain it in simpler terms for me please? Sorry. :huh:

Hang on I get you now. I think I'm going to do something a bit more complicated. I've just ordered 8m of shock cord so I'll post back soon with my version!! :lol: