Land Rover Owners are Great

Corrode Finger

Well, i experienced one of the joys of being a Land Rover owner today!! :rolleyes:

The Community, the people who help, especially the defender owners.

I was on my way to my mates to get the brakes looked at (again, grrr) when my hybrid decided it did not want to play!

Having got in the truck to move it from the farm where i store it, it promptly made it about 1/4 mile up the road and cut out and refused to run...... words were blue in its direction now!

Phoned mate, he said he was not able to get too me as he was in the middle of a carb rebuild, but said, check this and that, give me half an hour or so.

I look at all the wiring and think...... why did i keep all this when building the hybrid.

Do basic checks, cant fathom out why its not playing.

Then out of the blue, a green 110CSW pulls up, this is after witnessing a disco drive by and ignore me, even with hazards on etc.

Expecting a local farmer, i was totally taken back to see a young lady get out and offer help!! :huh:

Basically offers me a tow........... Great........ I am proud to say i have been rescued by a Girl! :)

She kindly hooks up the muddy rope i have and tows me the 2 miles to my mate.

All she asks for in return, is any details of local Landy clubs, as she has recently moved to the area.... i gladly pass on the details of Shires LRC, and off she goes, with the added bonus of a number of a local company to fix her alarm courtesy of my mate.

Its great......... i have heard of others getting the Land Rover community help, but now i have experienced it! :D

I was heading up the motorway one day, when I spotted a 110 on the hard shoulder, with its hazards on.

I slowed down and pulled in in front of it. It was only when I was reversing up, that I noticed the owner was off in the bushes, having a whizz.

Oops :D

similar, I was on the way home from work and a series 1 was stopped at side of road, I pulled in in front, got out and they guy was walking across the road, I called out to him to ask if he was OK. Turns out he had just stopped to open a gate and turn in, felt a bit stupid, but was glad to have felt I stopped to help (and cursed him a little bit).

I just assumed, series, stopped at side of road == broken down :)

edit:

not like the twonk a while ago in his disco at J11 of M27 who had broke down on roundabout and steadfastedly didn't want to be helped out of the way so he didn't cause an accident! what a moron

postpics.gif

I always stop for landies, and have had the same happen for me - although I do recall Trev once driving past me broken down in the p***ing rain on the M27 and siting "poor visibility" as an excuse later :rolleyes:

I confused a family in a Disco once by stopping in the BT van, they didn't need any help (AA were on the way I think) so I handed them a club newsletter to read while they waited and left them looking slightly bemused :lol:

I had a flat tyre on the M27 once in the old range rover i had. Just by M271 junction. When i went to get the jack out it was then that i found out that Jules had nicked the jack out of the back of the rangie <_<

It was at this point a police rangie pulled up. Asked if he could help and i said yeah get your jack out . Only to be told they don't carry jacks either

So in the end brookies came out with a jack :)

I've rescued two cars off slip roads on the M27. :D

One was a Rover stopped half way up lane two of the off slip at J9, pi**ing water all over the road - its head gasket had gawn. Towed him into Segensworth.

Second one was at the bottom of the off slip at J8 - chappy in his Saxo (or other small Euro-box) I think was following his mate in a topless Series 3 IIRC, thought his mate had pulled forward, which he hadn't, and had a coming together with the rear cross-member of the Series 3. Front was a bit squished and it wouldn't start. Towed him into Tescos to await flat bed taxi. Series 3 chappy said he was a SLRC member.

Altogether now:

"2-4-6-8 motorway...." B)

Second one was at the bottom of the off slip at J8 - chappy in his Saxo (or other small Euro-box) I think was following his mate in a topless Series 3 IIRC, thought his mate had pulled forward, which he hadn't, and had a coming together with the rear cross-member of the Series 3. Front was a bit squished and it wouldn't start. Towed him into Tescos to await flat bed taxi. Series 3 chappy said he was a SLRC member.

Confused, so why didn't his mate tow him there??

Always stop if I can for any LR product to offer help. Also stop for bikes as well, which really confuses them, especially if they have only pulled over to put the waterproofs on or have a p**s!

Saved by a red 110CSW when the cooling pipe came off the cooler for the auto box. VERY inpressive smoke screen that James Bond would be proud of.

Gave me a lift home to get some oil. Top Man

Weird, the last time I was over from Germany in the UK, I stopped for a guy broken down in his Defender on the M20. He had German plates so I opened the conversation with a 'guten morgen'. He replied in English as was a Brit living in Nurenburg! Quite a scary encounter with 18 wheelers hurtling past only a few feet away.

On the continent I always stop for anyone with UK plates on their vehicle. This has happened several times over the years and even though they don't know me from Adam, just the offer of help from a fellow countryman is usually appreciated.