cb ariel mounting

flatback90

I have mine mounted magnetically on the front bumper, works well, has never fallen off which is more than can be said for my wings!

whe I first got it I thought it would fall off at the 1st bump and have been proved well and truly wrong

Al.

getting no range off the cb even after swr'ing the ariel was told it was due the fact landrover bodiess are aluminium? was told mount big piece of steel under the canvas between the hoops..........

Well obviously mounting it on canvas is going to be a bit lacking in the ground plane department :P mounting it in the middle of your bonnet should be fine, aluminium is nice and conductive (although rubbish for mag-mounts :rolleyes: ).

hmmmm better look into this some more. the reason is i can only get a bout 1/2 mile range from a 4w set with a 5ft whip. was talking to a radio ham out here for the marconi celebrations he reckoned it was the lack of ground plane from the aluminium kinda struck me as strange coz ally conducts realy well. (they were talking to mid-america from ireland with only 24w)

hmmmm better look into this some more. the reason is i can only get a bout 1/2 mile range from a 4w set with a 5ft whip. was talking to a radio ham out here for the marconi celebrations he reckoned it was the lack of ground plane from the aluminium kinda struck me as strange coz ally conducts realy well. (they were talking to mid-america from ireland with only 24w)

aluminium is a good conductor of electricity,but aluminium oxide is a poor one.

Clean the underside of the bonnet (or whatever panel you choose) where the ariel bolts on back to clean shiney metal,re-atatch your ariel then paint the whole area straight away to prevent oxidisation.

aluminium is a good conductor of electricity,but aluminium oxide is a poor one.

Clean the underside of the bonnet (or whatever panel you choose) where the ariel bolts on back to clean shiney metal,re-atatch your ariel then paint the whole area straight away to prevent oxidisation.

hmmm didnt know that thanks! the bonnets gettin cluttered with the spare,highlift and now the cb ariel!