300tdi Auto

SHAVED_GORILLA

I have been offered what seems to be a mint m reg(early?) 300tdi Disco S.

Its done 102,000 miles the bodywork hasnt been patched or re paneled anywhere and is only just showing signs of needing prevetative work to the boot floor sills and inner wings. These bits only need a scrub and repaint.

My questions are whats it worth? Top and bottom realistic prices would be very handy as it is my mother selling it. :o

What should I look out for mechanically? It has been used as a caravan hauler.

TIA

Andy

Look on e-bay and autotrader for prices then let someone tell your mum :o

Lynall

Perhaps not a good idea she wouldn't trust them and with my wonderful stepdad around I will never win that one. :rolleyes:

Just found a full width ally intercooler stuffed in the front of it, just hope it hasn't been excessively or badly tuned.

Andy

Tricky without seeing it, but absolute maximum would be about £2500. Suggest you use Parkers price guide online for a quote, it will cost about £2.50 but will give a price taking into account model, mileage and condition etc.

If you really want to upset stepdad try & find friendly car dealer to tell you the Glass's price.

Ideally that would be an excellent idea, but unfortuneately and supposedly, he has been offered £1500 from a dealer.

Knowing car dealers and how things work I thought this was extremely generous.

Andy

If it's all in good general condition then neither of you are doing too bad at £1500, personally I'd try for less - I just bought my 95 N reg ES top of the range model for only marginally more than that (although it did come with a couple of problems :lol: )