Too much fuel................

DC_

IIRC the alternator-charge-wire goes to the solenoid. From there two more wires continue - one going to the firewall (12V supply for the entire vehicle) and another to the battery.

So ignition is ruled out. (?) I think it´s worth to replace the condensor. They probably don´t go wrong often, but IIRC they have a service life. And if faulty they, so I think, can "leak" down current away from the ignition coil. Which, in turn, causes weak sparks.

IIRC?

condenser?

See now your talking that tech talk again lol.

Anyhoo.............................Yesterday i got time to take the leads off the solenoid. Took an age to get into it but i got there with sore arms, wet and dry sandpaper i cleaned the end of the leads and sprayed the top of solenoid with contact cleaner (great stuff that) Packed the terminals up with petroleum jelly and reconnected.........................................Battery went in after a good charge, started first time and i checked with new multi meter, getting 14.20 volts now going to battery :D:D:D

Even the starter motor is sounding a lot stronger but it is making a bit of a groan when it's turning.

So ALT problem hopefully sorted.

Next to do is give it a run and see if it's still running rich or rough.

Then at least i have 2 options to try sort that.........................stepper motor open all the time....................and or, engine coolant sensor begubbed.

Any thoughts welcome

DC (happy still)